You Look Really Nice

Y/N's POV

I calmed down after a few minutes. I don't know what came over me. I mean I was vulnerable around Georgia, I didn't hide anything from her. She was the sister I never had. I figured if this topic made me feel this way, I might as well talk about it now. I really wanted her opinion as well.

"Okay, I'm ready to talk again." I said sitting up and resting my head on the couch.

"Are you sure?" She asked not wanting to pressure me

"Yes, it's a happy feeling overall, but now that I told my label that I might leave they aren't happy." I knew the change wouldn't be easy but they didn't seem like they understood me at all. Which is business I get it but if I didn't want to stay they couldn't force me. Not to mention they aren't the best label in the world.

Georgia sighed, thinking about a possible solution.

"Like how upset are they? Fuck you upset or I'll sue you upset? She said tilting her head to the side which was so cute.

"First one, they can't sue me for anything really. I don't think they'll be a problem once I tell Diana. She'll sort it out." I said with full confidence. If Diana couldn't do it, no one could. She was my superwoman.

"Good then good. Did you tell anyone else about this decision?" I could see her finally getting excited.

"No, so please just zip it for now. I want to tell Diana, after I see how her date goes. For some reason I'm expecting it be good, well, I believe in them. Then I'll look for apartments, something to start with. After that's all settled then I tell my family, I want it to be a Christmas surprise." I didn't have this planned really, it all just rolled off my tongue and I wasn't complaining. Neither was Georgia who was loving this.

"So when are you gonna tell, you know, Leah." As she said that I remember that I actually had a date today. She sensed the panic in my eyes and was very confused.

"What?" She asked trying to figure out the reason for my sudden distress

"What time is it?"

"Umm, almost 12, why?" She questioned again.

"I need clothes, come help me and I'll tell you. I grabbed her hand, not giving her time to agree.

My closet was big so it would be easy, but I wasn't the best outfit planner. So I threw a bunch of clothes on the bed and gestured at Georgia telling her to go ahead.

"Okay?? But I need to know where you're going." She said lifting a sparkly dress and shaking it so it made noise.

"Leah wants me to meet her new dog, Angel." It was a full lie, good enough.

"Just that? Kinda seems like a day to me." She said, wiggling her shoulders and making a funny face. It's times like these I'm glad I can act.

"It's not trust me, she'll have to come better than that for a first date with me." She didn't reply but she definitely  bought it.

"Okay, this will do." She said as she handed me the different pieces of clothing and jewelry.
" Go shower now so we can do skin care."

I did as I was told and soon it was time for Leah to pick me up. Georgia said she'd leave after me because she had to see me off and speak to Leah.

We were waiting in the living room when we heard the horn honk. I jumped up all excited and Georgia giggled at the site.

"Okay let's go, I have to set the rules with that kid." She said as she gestured towards the door.

Leah was making her way up to the door when we came out. She looked normal but there was something different. A new glow of some sort. She also had flowers in her hand, white roses. A classic and my favorite.

"Are those for me?" I said let out a dramatic gasp which made her laugh.
Before she could give them to me Georgia stepped in my way and took them.

"Lovely, I'll take them inside. It does seem a little extra for meeting a dog." As she said the last line she turned her head slowly to me.

"Now, you must be careful when driving with her. Don't keep her out too late. No drinking..." and she continued listing things dads would do on their kids' first date. I never experienced it so it was funny to me. Leah was also trying to keep a serious face.

"I'll make sure to take good care of her. I won't let anything happen to her." Leah said, while locking eyes with me. I wanted to explode. She reached out for my hand which I gave her and I was quickly moved around Georgia and now facing Leah directly. Turing quickly I gave Georgia a hug and told her to behave. We went into the car with Leah closing the car door behind me. Georgia didn't move until we were out of sight.

There was a short period of silence until Leah spoke.

"You look really nice." She said, turning her head slightly, not wanting to take her eyes off the road.

"I have Georgia to thank for that. You don't look so bad yourself." I returned the compliment

As much as I wanted to say something more flirty, I couldn't, my voice would crack and she'd see that I was a nervous mess.

She smiled, this time switching her focus to me completely. Her gaze met mine and once again I was ready to dive deep into her blue eyes and stay there forever. Our proximity grew closer and closer and I was sure we were about to share our first kiss. First Kiss? In a Car? At a stop light that was about to turn green? As if the universe wanted us to have a memorable kiss the green light came on which caught Leah's attention.