Don't We Look Cute?

Leah was always a big dog type of girl, so seeing Angel was a bit shocking. She was a pomeranian, brown fur with small black fur patches which I found absolutely adorable. Our time didn't last long though as she soon fell asleep on her little pink bed that sat next to the fireplace. With her asleep I started to take in the apartment. It was one I didn't know. I remembered when she moved in here. There was a big debate between Beth and Jordan on the colour scheme. From the look of things, Jordan won. In my opinion, it was the best option considering that Beth wanted the place to look like a strawberry. 

The more I took in the decorating style of the house I realised that there were little to no Christmas decorations up. Leah always valued Christmas very much. It was puzzling to say the least. At the moment, Leah was in the kitchen preparing dinner, so I decided to join her.

As I entered the kitchen area I was engulfed by different smells and aromas. I could already tell what she was making. Something simple yet my favourite. She knew me too well. At the moment, her head was in the fridge and she had ear phones in. I knew that she didn't notice me so I decided to sit there until she did. The kitchen was big and very spacious. Different from the one she last had. This was more ideal though as Leah always had a dream of dancing in the kitchen with her family. I knew for a fact that Amanda loved dancing and Leah was just like that. 

My trail of thoughts started to travel to her family. We never really talked about them and I wondered if she'd be going to see them. My thoughts were cut short by Leah.

"Shit, how long have you been in here?" She said as she made her way towards the stove. 

"Not long but how long have you known to dance like that?" I asked, tilting my head to the side. She didn't reply, just rolled her eyes while trying to hide a little smile.

"So, where's the matching pyjamas you got?" 

As soon as I mentioned that, a mischievous grin grew on Leah's face. She hesitated, but still answered.

"In my room. I'll get it right now. This will be ready soon anyways." She gestured to the pot in front of her.

She made her way to her room and I followed. Her room was so filled with pictures of her family and friends. There were even some of me. My trail of thought was again interrupted by Leah as she made her way out of her closet with two bags.

"Here we are. I hope you like it." She could barely control her laughter. I was more than suspicious now.

Opening the bag I was greeted by a very soft top and bottom pyjama set. On the front it said 'Grinch' with a smile below it. But what caught my attention was in fact the colour.

"Leah, this is green." I said not taking my eyes off the outfit.

"I know, I bought it." She said taking hers out. It was also green.

" You said you wouldn't get green. You know I don't green." 

"Because you don't look good in it. I know I know." Put the outfit back in the bag and made her way to the other side of the bed where I was standing. 

"I think you look beautiful in green. '' she paused, placing her finger under my chin and lifting my head. Now we were looking into each other's eyes. 

"Do you remember when you wore that green silk dress to my mom's party?" 

"Yeah, you avoided me for most of the night." A small smile grew on her face as if she was embarrassed.

"Yes, but you wanna why?" I nodded and she took a deep breath as if she was about to tell me a life long secret.

"Well that was the first day I realised I was inlove you. You knocked on the door and when I answered you just looked so mesmerising. My heart stopped and no matter how hard I tried, no words could come out of my mouth." She paused, waiting for a reaction from me. 

Although I wasn't showing it, deep down I was shocked. I hated how I looked in the dress that day and after I saw that Leah was avoiding me, I hated it even more. Back then my crush on Leah was still quite strong and I really wanted to impress her. It was also one of my last appearances before I left for the US.

 Not only that but the fact that she just said she was in love with me. I never really realised how much she meant to me until now. I thought that I stopped loving her when I met Maya but truly it just changed into a different type of love. Now I felt the old love coming back. One that my heart stopped when I looked at her. The love that I felt years ago when I first met her. The love that was telling me she was the one. We were meant to be together. She was my person. Hearing this now was like a new revelation that changed my view on many things. 

As if someone was slapping me back to reality, I realised there was awkward silence between us. I gave her a small smile and sat on the bed, patting it as a gesture for her to sit.

"You liked me for a long time huh?" I said breaking the silence. She laughed and nodded her head, still embarrassed about the situation.

"Well I really wished you didn't avoid me though. I was trying my best to impress you that day." Her facial expression changed from a large grin to a sad sulk in seconds.

"Really?" She asked, trying to confirm if what I said was actually true. 

"Mhm." I nodded. Her head went down into her hands and I wondered if she was crying. She soon lifted her head and turned to face me.

"If I wasn't a coward we would probably be together." She said as if she just made an important discovery, which made me laugh.

I stood up, pulling her up with me. I wrapped my arms around her neck while she placed her hands gently around my waist.

"I think our timing is perfect. Nothing in the past matters, now it's just us."  I said as our foreheads met. All I was seeing was her gorgeous blue eyes. They were intoxicating and I loved it.

"I like that. Just us. Me and you. You and me." She said as her smile grew bigger. 

We stayed that way for a few minutes before Leah grabbed the pyjamas and handed it to me.

"Put them on, please. We'll watch your favourite movie." She said, pleading with me to wear the outfit. After our conversation, I don't think anyone could get me to not wear them. I didn't live green but I suddenly felt a connection to it. One that I didn't want to let go of.

I took the outfit from her and made my way to the bathroom as she changed into hers in her closet. I was done before her and took the time to look at myself in the mirror. I didnt realise I was deep thought until I felt Leah's head rest on my shoulders and her hands snaked around my waist. Butterflies were officially doing somersaults in my stomach.

"Don't we look cute?" She said as she buried her face into the crook of my neck. I could barely think at the moment as her hot breath on my neck made my knees weak.

"We do." Was all that was able to come out, which I was fine with as if I said anything else, it would have been nonsense.