Chapter 33

A body was thrown against the floor, the resounding thud echoing through the now silent lobby.

You had just finished round one, and everyone had survived. Optimism and hope was painted on everyone's faces. They all thanked each other, affirming each other that all they had to do in order to survive was just being honest. You knew of the wreck that was bound to happen sooner or later, so it was a bit ironic to you.

"I told you to give me the answer!"

The bully loomed over the other, face contorted into anger. All eyes were on them, and the atmosphere turned from friendly to cold in less than a second. You searched for Banda, unsurprised to find him sitting against the wall, watching the scene unfold with disinterested eyes.

Aggravated, the perpetrator left the male quivering on the floor, pacing back in frustration.

As his back was turned, Banda stood up from where he was sitting and approached the coward. He bent down, demeanour concerned, face soft, but you could see through his facade. Banda leaned in, lips to the other male's ear and whispered something.

You already knew what was going to happen, but that didn't stop you from staring at the sick glint in Banda's eyes. You saw the moment the other male stiffened, spooked from such a suggestion.

Chishiya was watching with intrigue, something you didn't even know he was capable of.

"Looks to me like you want another beating, huh?"

The latter had returned from his pacing, radiating anger as he grabbed a fistful of hair. Banda retreated, not a speck of sympathy in those eyes.

A punch was thrown, and then another. You averted your eyes, causing you to glance over at Urumi who was watching the events unfold with barely concealed glee. She had her fingers laced together, her chin resting on top of her hands.

"Tell me the answer."

His face was black and blue, blood seeping from the corner of his lip.

"C...Club."

"Huh?"

"Club!"

Banda didn't even flinch.

Satisfied, the soon-to-be-dead asshole released his hold, grinning down at the beaten up player, "don't wait so long next time."

You resisted the urge to shout 'there won't be next time', but thankfully held it in.

Ippei gasped, noticing the heart symbol as the violent male stalked past, and you immediately reached out to grab a hold of him, gripping his arm tightly. He understood and gulped, sparing one last glance before turning away.

By now, the entire arena had known about the lie, it was the catalyst for the events to come.

Urumi glided over, bobbing down in an act to console the injured and shaken player.

"Are you alright?"

"...yeah."

"Would you like to join our group instead?"

A pause. "Yes...thanks."

If you remembered correctly, Urumi was going to blame the bully's death on him later, thus beginning her streak of killing.

The rest of the hour proceeded as last time. One by one everyone revealed their collars, accompanied by the low chorus of truthful answers.

The peace wasn't going to last long.