iii

[16 October 1999]

Today was Friday, the best day of the entire week in Y/N's opinion. She would have time to herself as the weekend was just a glimpse away.

Though of course, her heart desired to stay with her friends. Time left with her friends was treasured. Soon they would have to enter the world of adulthood and abandon their teenage years. Maybe even find wealth or love.

The young teenage girl yawned, slid off the comfortable covers of her bed, and readied herself for the school day. She buttoned her dress shirt and put on her school vest, blazer, skirt, and her thigh-high socks. Of course, she couldn't forget her Mary Janes, which were wearing off with time.

"I'm going now, Mom!" Y/N called, receiving an inaudible response from her mother. She exited out of her front door, walking to school. She hummed a trending song that was stuck in her head, approaching her school in a relatively good mood.

Y/N walked through the school entrance, her camera hidden in her backpack, recording nothing but darkness and sounds captured from the outer world as it hid in the outer pocket of Y/N's backpack.

"Good morning, Y/N!" A familiar voice greeted her.

Y/N turned to be greeted by Jeongin's bright eye smile, his right hand waving at her enthusiastically.

A small smile crept to Y/N's face as she greeted the boy back. "Good morning, Jeongin."

How cute, Y/N thought to herself, shaking her head and grinning at Jeongin's antics.

"Felix told me he finished the script last night," Jeongin chuckled, scratching the back of his nape. "I guess he got too excited and finished the entire plot overnight..."

Y/N chuckled, the air a bit awkward between the acquainted friends, but Y/N was mindful enough to let the conversation continue. After all, it'd be quite embarrassing to have nothing to talk about with the boy.

"I hope he's gotten some rest at least," Y/N frowned, pitying the boy who had dedicated a restless night to pursuing the creation of the short film. "He must be tired."

"Well, at least we've gotten the scripting part out of the way," Jeongin sighed, trying to make light of their friend's situation.

Y/N nodded in agreement. "Do you know what the plot is so far?"

"Well, Felix told me it's your stereotypical coming-of-youth romance," Jeongin chuckled. "You and Minho are dating while I'm your guys' best friend. The third wheel, if you will."

Y/N smiled, letting Jeongin continue.

"Plus, I heard that you'll be kissing Minho during the end scene," Jeongin smirked, nudging the younger girl, wiggling his eyebrows in an attempt to tease her.

Y/N smile faded once she remembered that of course, every high school romance had to end with a kissing scene. And considering that Y/N was the female lead, her heart dropped once she realized that she may have to kiss Minho.

Y/N has never had her first kiss before, and she was nervous about the repercussions that would come from kissing Minho. After all, he had quite a reputation with the female populace of their school.

Considering that the girls who lusted after Minho every day were practically obsessive over the poor boy, Y/N believed she had a slim chance of surviving their wrath.

"Jeongin," Y/N began, voicing her worries to her friend. "If I kiss Minho, I think I'll be killed."

"Oh come on," Jeongin rolled his eyes. "It can't be that bad."

"You have no idea," Y/N scoffed, playfully pushing Jeongin's shoulder as the two entered the school, and began their school day.

Jeongin's long strides quickly caught up with Y/N, his fox-like eyes looking down at her. "Well sorry, princess." He exaggerated the vowels in princess, testing the patience of the girl.

After more joking, Y/N said her goodbyes to Jeongin as they separated to attend their respective classes. Y/N smiled to herself, her heart warm once she realized that she was getting closer to Jeongin.

After several hours of classes, Y/N walked to the cafeteria, her familiar camera in her hands. She wasn't recording as she normally was, but she was looking back at the footage she recorded. Y/N smiled as she watched her and the eight boys laughing together during their lunch period.

"Y/N!" She heard her name being called. The girl closed her camera, tucking it away in her backpack once again. She joined the boys at their table, smiling as they all greeted her with warm welcomes.

"Where have you been? It's been starting to get boring without you," Jeongin sighed, receiving a soft punch from Jisung.

"Sorry to keep you guys waiting," Y/N smiled, a soft laugh escaping her lips. She sat in between Jeongin and Seungmin, pulling her bento box out of her backpack.

The mealtime and time spent together between the friends commenced once again, and Y/N found herself at ease. Perhaps she truly found the friends she was seeking out for all her high school years. It was comforting that the boys were so supportive and welcoming of her.

"I can't believe you stayed up all night just for a stupid script," Minho rolled his eyes, pinching Felix. The freckled boy looked tired, with dark bags under his eyes. He smiled sluggishly, yawning, then replied to the boy's scolding.

"Trust me hyung, it's not stupid. If I didn't get started on it sooner, it'd probably wind up like one of our abandoned projects." Felix yawned once more, taking a sip of Minho's iced tea.

"If you were so worried about that, you could've gotten adequate rest and done it later!" Minho huffed. Everyone chuckled. Although Minho portrayed a rough-and-tough exterior, the boys knew that Minho was only scolding Felix harshly because he cared for him as a friend.

"Sorry hyung," Felix rolled his eyes. "God, you act like my dad."

"It's a good thing I do, you can't even take care of yourself properly." Minho sighed, continuing to eat his meal.

Y/N smiled at the duo, her attention is caught once the boys ended their bickering and began to discuss the film seriously.

"On a serious note, now that we have the script finalized, we can start filming after editing it a little bit," Bangchan, the oldest of the boys, and perhaps the ringleader amongst the eight of them suggested. "How about we all meet up next weekend? We can discuss how we want to film each scene and try to film them the next day."

A chorus erupted amongst the nine friends, agreeing to Bangchan's idea.

"Great! Y/N, make sure you don't forget your camera." Bangchan smiled warmly at the younger girl.

Y/N nodded in silent agreement, tucking her lunch away in her backpack once it was time for the friends to return to their respective classes. She walked to her next class, accompanied by Jeongin due to his persistence. The pair walked to their next course together, stomachs writhing in excitement for the weekend.

[End of VHS tape]