vii

[26 October 1999]
Y/N couldn't sleep for the next two days. She constantly thought of Jeongin, the sweet boy who plagued her mind with his bright smile, his raven hair that looked soft to the touch, and his slender hands that could warm hers in a heartbeat.

In a mere matter of minutes, Y/N realized she had feelings for him. But how exactly could she confess? They were always surrounded by others, leaving them with little to no privacy.

So, Y/N chose to hide her infatuation with him. Just to maintain her friendship with him. After all, he couldn't have reciprocated her feelings.

She looked at herself in the mirror, searching her reflection for answers. Answers to questions her mind couldn't possibly answer on its own. She only found a blank tired stare, and she sighed to herself quietly.

Y/N took out her school uniform from her closet, sliding her t-shirt above her head and slipping into her white button-up. She slid her skirt just above her knees and buttoned it to the side. She brushed through her mangled hair and applied a few makeup products to hide her fatigue.

She stared at her camcorder, which was sitting patiently on her desk, awaiting to accompany Y/N on her journey to school. She grabbed it quickly, stuffing it into her backpack, and hurriedly put away her schoolwork.

Was there one person she could tell about her crush on Jeongin?

Well, yes.

There was one, but he could either respond with relentless teasing or support. It just depended on his mood. The person that Y/N has relied on before, who she could potentially trust.

That person was Kim Seungmin.

Y/N doubted that he would tell the others, why would he? Unless he was really cruel as the others made him out to be. But to Y/N, he has helped her and showed only kindness. Perhaps he could help her with her dilemma.

Y/N bid her mother and little brother goodbye, exiting through the front door of her house, and locking it with the spare key. She followed the pavement to her school, crossing a few streets to arrive at school.

Her eyes desperately searched for the brunette-haired boy, which was difficult as there was a sea of students approaching the entrance to Y/N's school. After a few minutes of searching, Y/N found him at his locker, talking with a few classmates Y/N didn't know.

The odds were in Y/N's favor as her locker was near Seungmin's, allowing Y/N to talk to him more easily. She approached their lockers, unlocking her locker uneasily as he greeted her before returning to his conversation with the two boys.

Y/N waited until their conversation ended, not wanting to interrupt. She sighed, biting her lip nervously, unsure of where to begin the conversation.

"Seungmin," Y/N began hesitantly, staring down at her shoes. Through her peripheral vision, she could see that he turned to look at her.

"Yes?" He asked, his attention brought to Y/N once his name was called.

Y/N took a deep breath, exhaling through her nose. She turned to look at Seungmin, her eyes locked with his. "I think I have a crush on Jeongin."

"Jeongin?" Seungmin raised his eyebrow. "That's surprising."

"Is it really though?" Y/N sighed, crossing her arms over her chest, and leaned on the row of lockers. "I thought it would've been obvious by now."

"Well, I guess," Seungmin watched her quietly before continuing, "Well, what are you going to do about it?"

"Well, that's why I came to you," Y/N groaned. "I have no idea what to do. I want to confess to him but I don't want to make a fool out of myself in front of the others."