v

[19 October 1999]

Y/N walked to school, her hands cupping her camcorder, pointed toward the ground. It wasn't recording anything as the girl was deep in thought, still reprimanding herself for giving Jeongin an unwarranted embrace.

She embraced him in a friendly manner, that's all. But what if Jeongin perceived it in a different way? Why was she questioning her choice of actions so much? It should be unimportant to her, and yet something so trivial bothered Y/N.

"Something on your mind?" A voice snapped her out of her thoughts. To her surprise, it wasn't Jeongin who approached her, but his close friend, Seungmin. She and the puppy-like boy talked a few times.

"You could say that," Y/N sighed, hesitant to open up. "I just... Have a lot to think about."

"Take your time," The older boy nodded, acknowledging Y/N's worries. "Your worrisome thoughts will eventually wash away."

"Thank you Seungmin," Y/N forced a small smile, walking in silence with the boy to her locker, where the rest of the boys were waiting for them.

"Hey, Y/N! Hey Seung," Jeongin greeted his two friends warmly, turning away from his conversation with Hyunjin and Changbin to greet the pair.

"Hey," Y/N attempted to state nonchalantly, her mind still wandering. However, her tone was enough to fool Jeongin and the rest of the boys as they continued to chatter normally, joking as they put their belongings away in their respective lockers.

The loud bell interrupted Y/N's thoughts, and she bid farewell to her friends, walking to her next class alone. She sighed to herself, looking outside the hallway windows. All of the trees outside were now ridden of their leaves, dead until the next coming season, which was months away.

She saw children from the nearby elementary school, their faces bright and happy. Filled with innocence and pure joy. Perhaps in a sense, Y/N yearned to return to those days. Maturing and entering adulthood was something that most of her peers were looking forward to, but it wasn't the case for Y/N.

In a way, she wanted to live in her high school moments for all eternity. To cherish and love all of her friends. Maybe even find love. But that was impossible.

No one would love someone who captures random moments on her camera and laughs at them later. Who watches as her friends laugh and frolic together. Who watches as her friends grow more distant from her each day.

Y/N carried on with her school day, situating herself at her desk, and hid her camcorder in her backpack. She continued to learn as always, sometimes staring off into the distance, uninterested.

Couldn't the weekend come faster?

As per usual, class ended in a blink of an eye. Y/N stood from her desk, and walked to the school cafeteria, another sigh escaping her lips. She walked over to her friend's table, quietly taking out her lunch box as the boys continued to chat away, a few greeting her.

"Hey Y/N! Here's your script as promised," Bangchan flashed a warm smile, handing Y/N a packet, a few annotations and scribbles decorated on the front cover. "Sorry if it seems a bit messy. Felix and I just finished revising it."

"No worries," Y/N chuckled, her eyes scanning over the script and each scene. Each scene was written with great detail. She winced at the amount of detail that was put into the final scene, the one in which she had to kiss Minho.

"You guys sure are talented writers," Y/N looked at Bangchan, then at Felix, complimenting their penmanship skills.

"Ah, it's nothing," Felix stated in a flustered manner, scratching the back of his nape. "I'm glad you like it."

"As a reminder everyone, we'll be filming on Saturday. Make sure to memorize your parts for the first few scenes, and don't forget to bring your assigned equipment." Bangchan reminded the group with a stern tone. He acted like a father, keeping his unruly children in check.

Every boy including Y/N nodded in acknowledgment, eating their meals in comfortable silence.

"Still worried?" Seungmin asked her in a low tone so as to not alert the others. He understood that Y/N didn't want to draw attention to her situation.

"You could say that," Y/N huffed exhaustedly, her tone whisper-like. "I just wish for the weekend to come sooner. I'm exhausted from the amount of work I have to do."

Not only was she exhausted from her work, but her mental battles as well.

"Don't push yourself," Seungmin hummed, taking a bite of his curry after dipping it in the hazel brown sauce. "It's okay to take a break now and then."

After a few more moments, the lunch period ended, and it was time for each member of the friend group to attend their extracurricular activities. Jeongin walked with Y/N as the Glee clubroom was nearby the Filmography clubroom.

"Hey, Y/N," Jeongin stopped the shorter girl in her tracks. He placed his hand on her shoulder to turn her around.

Y/N blinked in surprise, her cheeks turning into a light shade of scarlet.

"Yes?" She cursed herself under her breath for stuttering so nervously in front of him.

"Can I borrow your camera? I've always wanted to record one of the Glee Club meetings but never had the opportunity to," He chuckled before adding a dimpled smile. "That is until I met you."

She bit her lower lip, her heart swelling in her chest. Since when did Jeongin become so persuasive with his charms?

"Sure, just make sure to give it to me before you leave," Y/N took her camcorder out of her backpack, her fingers brushing against Jeongin's as she handed the camera to him.

"Thanks, Y/N, you're the best," Jeongin smiled widely, pulling her into a side hug before he entered the Glee clubroom, leaving Y/N alone in the hallway.

A couple of hours had passed, and it concluded the time spent on extracurricular activities and signaled the end of school.

"Hey Y/N! Here's your camera," Jeongin smiled, his slender fingers lingering on Y/N's for a few moments as he separated his grip from the camcorder's strap. "Sorry, it's at low battery, I recorded too much."

"It's alright," Y/N smiled at him, putting her camcorder away. "I can cut the footage for you and transfer it into a VHS tape if you'd like."

"I'd love that!" Jeongin stated enthusiastically. "I've always wanted a little keepsake from that club."

"Alright, I'll get to it when I get home." Y/N smiled, saying her goodbyes to Jeongin.

She walked home, her heart warming her cold and frigid body. Was she falling in love?

[End of VHS tape