x

[8 November 1999]

And so there young Y/N was, standing in front of the rollerblading rink with a cute polka dot dress and white unbuttoned cardigan, chewing her bottom lip nervously in anticipation. She never expected that she would be here on her first date.

Y/N pushed the large glass doors of the rink, scanning the entrance to find Jeongin leaning against the wall, hands stuffed in his pockets, nodding his head to the rhythm of the rink's music.

Y/N approached him, giving him a bashful smile as she tugged on his hoodie sleeve to get his attention. Jeongin turned to look at her, a bright smile crossing his lips, extending his hand for her.

Y/N grabbed his hand, interlacing her fingers with his. They agreed to hold hands, but romantic gestures such as kissing would be saved for later.

"Ready to skate?" Jeongin smiled, his dimples indenting his cheeks as he approached the desk where the employee's distributed skates with Y/N.

"Mhm," Y/N nodded enthusiastically, trying to mask her nervousness. She hardly skated and worried that she would make an embarrassment out of herself in front of Jeongin.

Jeongin politely asked for her shoe size first, and then requested their respective sizes in skates. After the employee returned with their skates, Y/N followed Jeongin to a nearby seating area where they could put them on.

Y/N tied her skates quickly, wobbling as she tried to maintain her balance when she stood. As soon as Jeongin stood up, she used his arm to support herself when she stood, Jeongin chuckling at her.

Jeongin's grip on her tightened as they both entered the rink, and they remained that way until they were able to skate freely and comfortably. Jeongin squeezed Y/N's hand as he skated, to ensure that she was safe.

Y/N smiled at Jeongin as she skated, appreciating that he was being considerate of her while skating. She held onto his hand tightly for a sense of security but managed to skate well.

"You're doing great, Y/N!" Jeongin encouraged as they finished one lap throughout the rink.

Y/N shyly thanked him and continued to skate more laps around the rink with him, laughing as she enjoyed the free feeling of skating with Jeongin by her side. She truly felt like she was having an enjoyable time, but with Jeongin it always seemed that way.

After several more laps around the rink, the couple decided to take a break on the sidelines. Y/N sat alone as Jeongin went to order milkshakes, his treat.

Y/N watched the other couples skate past by her, her heart fluttering with hope that everything would work out between her and Jeongin, and that they would inevitably end up like the cute couples at the rink.

After several more minutes of waiting, Jeongin returned with the milkshakes, handing Y/N her vanilla flavored milkshake while he sipped on his strawberry flavored one, his hand immediately traveling to be connected with hers, giving her hand a gentle squeeze.

Y/N's teeth tugged at the straw to her milkshake as she tried to bite back a smile, her heart jumping with joy at the simple gesture. She returned a small squeeze against his large palm. Y/N glimpsed at Jeongin, to see him smiling wide with joy.

They continued to do this in silence for several minutes. Drinking their milkshakes while enjoying the presence of one another. It was comforting for Y/N.

Once the couple finished their milkshakes and made their way out to the roller rink once more, a hit disco song began to play, and the couples in the rink began to move fluidly, almost like water, dancing and skating to the music.

Jeongin leaned down to Y/N's ear, his breath fanning the side of her cheek, her heart pounding against her chest at the sudden contact.

"Follow my lead," Jeongin muttered, placing his hands on Y/N's waist as they skated, or more so danced to the rhythm of the disco themed song. Hesitantly, Y/N's hands traveled to Jeongin's shoulders.

Instinctively, Jeongin pulled her closer to him, their bodies almost pressing against each other. Y/N's face flushed, refusing to look at Jeongin as they swayed to the music.

"I'm really glad I'm here with you, Y/N," Jeongin suddenly confessed, staring adoringly at Y/N. "I hope that you feel the same way."

"Of course, I do Jeongin," Y/N stifled a laugh, now having the courage to meet Jeongin in the eyes. "This has been really fun so far. You have nothing to worry about."

Jeongin sighed contentedly, small indents briefly appearing on his cheeks as he gave Y/N a heartwarming smile. "I'm happy to hear that. I hope we can have more fun dates in the future."

Y/N smiled, biting her lip, trying to contain her giddiness. She calmed herself and nodded at Jeongin's words, her grip on his shoulders tightening to reaffirm his statement.

"Is this what love feels like?" She suddenly asked, her heart fluttering at her sudden question, and that she voiced her thoughts aloud, but she wanted to know what Jeongin felt.

"Maybe it's too soon to call it love," Jeongin admitted, his eyes drifting before they finally landed on Y/N's once more. "But I know what I feel for you is real."

"You're so cheesy," Y/N sighed, but couldn't help but smile at him.

Jeongin simply laughed at her statement.

Several hours passed by, and Jeongin and Y/N were now walking back to her house. Admittedly, Y/N didn't want the night to end, but she didn't want to worry her parents, so she had no choice.

Jeongin's hand didn't leave hers for a second. His hand was still clasped around her fingers as they walked to Y/N's house in the dark in comfortable silence. Y/N pressed herself against Jeongin's side, cold from the night.

Y/N and Jeongin approached the driveway to her house, and Y/N hesitantly separated herself from his grasp, her heart wishing she could stay with him forever. But that wasn't possible.

"Good night, Y/N," Jeongin smiled, hesitantly leaving the driveway to her house to go to his own house.

Y/N smiled like an idiot, her cheeks flushing as she watched Jeongin disappear into the night, overly happy that she was able to go on her first date with Yang Jeongin.

[End of VHS tape]