Chapter 1

Here we go ! Please ignore any grammar or spelling errors I might have made. Besides that enjoy your read!

The default apple alarm rang throughout the small loft apartment

The default apple alarm rang throughout the small loft apartment. I let out an annoyed groan, pressing stop on my phone. Getting up with a confused look I rub my eyes in an attempt to wake myself up more. I sat there on my bed for a couple seconds just staring into the void. After a moment, I snapped out of it. Leaving the comfort of my bed and continuing the daily routine.

Reaching the bottom of the small number of stairs I tripped over the case of water bottles I had placed there. Almost face-planting into the cold hard floor. I was able to catch myself on the railing just in time, letting out a sigh of relief.

What a great start to the day huh?

I made my way to the bathroom and began getting ready. Taking a quick shower since I came home late last night and didn't have the energy to. When stepping out I checked the time on my phone. I still had a while before I had to be out the door, I just decided to change into a simple outfit, consisting of a black long sleeve shirt, some baggy jeans.

After drying my hair I grabbed an apple on the way to the door. I sat down to put on my shoes. When I get them on I grab my puffer jacket, my backpack, and keys then head out the door. Leaving a bit earlier than usual. I started making my way out of my apartment complex. Checking that my door locked completely.

I got to the stairwell and made my way down until I reached half way down the third floor. I realized I had forgotten something. Just great. I rushed up the three flights of stairs as fast as possible. Unlocking my door and grabbing my work ID that was laying on my small dining table. It had a picture of me on my first day of work and in bold letters said Park Chaewon, in Korean. With a sigh, I left. Again.

After the six dreadful flights of stairs, since there was no working elevator, I began my walk to the bus stop. The clinic I have been working at for the past two years was a couple blocks away. Too far to just walk there. Also because I'm lazy and hate exercise.

I sat down on the bench at the bus stop, waiting for my bus. I take out my headphones from my backpack to listen to music as I wait for it to arrive. I sat there listening to music. Then I felt something, well more specifically, someone tapping my knee.

I looked down thinking it's the stray dog I usually feed. Everyday I had something to give her but I forgot about it today. And unfortunately I had eaten the whole apple I grabbed. I looked down ready to apologize to her just to find a little boy in a big small puffer jacket but big enough where only some of his pants were showing and his tiny air forces poked out. A surprised "oh" leaves my mouth.

I love kids. Or else I wouldn't be working with them daily. I pulled down my headphones to lay around my neck when I noticed he was trying to ask me something. But he struggled to find the words.