Chapter 23: More Witch Issues

✘ ✘ ✘

 ✘ ✘ ✘

"So, Katherine pretended to be you and both brothers believed her?" Allison raised an eyebrow, and Elena nodded with an eyeroll. "Yup. Apparently when we daggered Elijah, the compulsion wore off. I just want her gone."

"Same." Allison nodded as they walked down the school hallway. "Why do you think she's still here?"

"I don't know." Elena shakes her head, "She says that she's here to help, because she wants Klaus dead just as much as we do."

"She may be telling the truth." Allison nodded, before adding. "But we still shouldn't trust her."

"Agreed." Elena nods, but then nodded over, spotting someone. "Have you talked to him yet?"

Allison glanced over to see that she was talking about Jacob, who was on crutches and at his locker. The brunette shook her head and faced forward. "Nope, and I don't plan on talking to him."

"Alli-" Elena began, but Allison cut her off. "No, Elena. He almost died because of me. I'm not gonna chance that happening again. It's safer if I just cut him out completely."

"Allison, he's been your best friend since you were 6." Elena reminded, shaking her head. "You can't just cut him out."

Allison shook her head and let out a breath, "I'll catch up with you later." Then she walked off and headed towards her locker. But when she made it to the hallway, Allison stopped in her tracks, seeing Bonnie kiss Jeremy before heading to class. He watches her walk away with a smile on his face, and Allison walked over, a smile on her lips as well. "Jeremy Gilbert, you got something to tell me?"

✘ ✘ ✘

Allison walked into the boarding house and over to the living room, only to stop when she saw Damon holding Katherine on the couch in a choke hold. Even though it seemed that he was doing it as a threat, Allison grimaced and covered her eyes. "Seriously, guys. Please, keep it PG in here."

"Little niece, always a pleasure." Katherine grinned sarcastically, as Allison uncovered her eyes, seeing Damon now on the other side of the room. Allison walked towards him, shaking her head. "If you ignore it, then it might go away."

"I'm starting to like you more and more." Damon smirks at her, and Allison smiled, but then Katherine groaned. "Ugh, you two are made for each other."

Allison rolled her eyes, but took a small step away from Damon, as Katherine comes over. "Emily Bennett told me about the massacre. It was a big deal in witch folklore. When a witch dies violently, it releases mystical energy. Marking the place of their death with power."

"Elijah wanted to know the site of the massacre." Damon states, and Katherine nodded over to Allison. "Why don't you ask the banshee where it is. I mean, since you are supposed to sense death. Why not be able to sense where a massacre took place?"