Chapter 38: Cyberbullies and Henry

✘ ✘ ✘

 ✘ ✘ ✘

"Shouldn't you be in school?" Damon looked over to the brunette sitting on the couch in the boarding house living room. Allison looked up from the book she was reading, "Yeah, so?"

"So, why aren't you there?" He pressed, raising an eyebrow. Allison shut the book she was reading, the corner of her lip twitching upwards. "Is this your way of saying 'get out of my house'?"

Damon thinks for a moment, before shrugging. "No. Sit there, see if I care. I'm gonna go see if Stefan with eat something."

"Good luck." Allison said as he began heading downstairs with a water bottle full of animal blood. Allison opened her book again, but then she let curiosity take over, causing her to place the book down as she then pulled out her laptop from her back. This was definitely a bad idea.

Allison went to the school's gossip page, reading over the anonymous messages as she began biting her bottom lip nervously, only paying attention to the things that said her name.

'She should've dropped out'
'How could she do that to that poor child'
'Did Tyler even know?'
'God, I can't believe her'
'I sit behind her in Math'
'You should find a new seat'
'And tell the teacher what?'
'Uh, that she's a slut who killed a baby'

'You guys should all just shut the hell up, you have no idea what you're talking about'
'I think we found one of her friends'
'Did you help her kill it?'
'Maybe you should've helped her kill herself'

"He won't eat-" Damon started as he began coming up the steps, but that caused Allison to not-so-subtly slam her laptop shut and quickly get off the couch, turning away from him. She quickly wiped off any stray tears that had left her eyes, when suddenly Damon was in front of her. He looked over the girl in front of him, a frown on his lips as his eyebrows furrowed in concern. "What's wrong?"

"Nothing, I'm fine." She shook her head, and changed the subject before he could say anything else. "Why isn't he eating?"

He goes to say something but gets interrupted by his phone, causing him to answer it, but still looking over Allison closely. "Hello?"

Allison backed away a bit since they had been only inches apart, so she didn't hear whoever was on the other end of the phone. Damon looked confused, "Before I hang up, how'd you get this number?"

The hazel eyed brunette watched as he listened to the other person, but then Damon put the phone on speaker so she could hear Alaric's voice come through. "I've been doing some digging on Elena's and Allison's uncle."

"What kind of digging?" Damon questioned, and the history teacher answers with. "I've got an old friend from Duke, who studied criminology when we were there together. Let's just say, he's become a very professional digger."