Chapter 2: Forget About Me

✘ ✘ ✘

 ✘ ✘ ✘

"Welcome back to Chicago, Stefan." Klaus' voice caused Allison to open her eyes, and sit up as the vehicle was pulling to a stop. The young brunette, having taken a nap the entire ride, was a bit out of it as Stefan helped her out of the car. Though, even as she got out, Allison grunted and put on her sunglasses, still a bit hungover, as she checked to make sure her gun was still in the waistband of her jeans. And even though she was in a sweater today and not a jacket, Allison had to put only two knives on her person, both of which were strapped to her ankles.

Stefan gave her a look, since the girl had put her sunglasses on even though they were in a warehouse. But in her defense, the warehouse lights were bright. Though, Allison did glance at the opening that looked over the city, since this actually was the first time she had been to Chicago.

"What are we doing here?" Stefan looks to Klaus, who just smirks. "I know how much you loved it here. Bringing back memories of the good old ripper days?"

Allison rolled her eyes at him, but then Stefan added. "Blacked out most of them. A lot of blood, a lot of partying. The details are all a blur."

"Well, that is a crying shame. Details are what makes it a legend. Word was, the Ripper of Monterrey got lonely, so he escaped to the city for comfort. It was Prohibition. Everything was off limits then, which made everything so much fun." As Klaus spoke, Allison glanced at Stefan, knowing how he felt about the whole Ripper thing. She felt a pang of sorrow for him, and reached over to take his hand in an attempt to comfort him.

Ever since the two had left with Klaus to save Damon, they had become a lot closer. They were practically family now. Which is kinda how it was before they left, but now they had a closer and stronger relationship. Like brother and sister.

There was a pause, as both boys seemed to be in memory, and then Klaus states. "Chicago was magical."

"Yeah, well, I'll take your word for it. Like I said, I don't remember most of it." Stefan says as he leads Allison back inside the building, both glancing at Klaus who let out a sigh. "Going to get down to business then?"

"Why are we still with you? We had our fun, your hybrids failed. I mean, don't you want to move on?" Stefan questioned after Klaus had shut the door, but the hybrid just grinned. "We're going to see my favorite witch. If anyone can help us with our hybrid problem, it's her."

✘ ✘ ✘

"Looks familiar, doesn't it?" Klaus looks to Stefan as they walked into a bar that was a bit dim, quiet, and empty. It also looked nice and cool, but Allison is also saying this as someone who's never really left Mystic Falls until this summer. She glanced over at Stefan, who was looking around. "I can't believe this place is still here."

"You got to be kidding me." They all looked over to see a woman, about the same height as Allison, but older. But glancing down at her banshee necklace, the red crystal pulsing a bit, Allison looked back up realizing that she was a witch. Klaus smiled at the darker skinned woman, "So, a hybrid walks into a bar, says to the bartender-"