Chapter 16.

Eva's POV

"Well it isn't wrong to call her your lap dog if she's always on your fucking lap," I smirked at Derek.

"There's no need for you to pick on her just because she's been with me before Ava even knew I existed. Ava is the one that stole away Nicholas," Derek said.

I looked at him with confusion.

"The night I turned 18 I was told that I was going to find my mate and that she would complete me, that never happened so I ran away from home in search of her because I thought if my parents couldn't show me the love that deserved then my mate definitely would. My parents instilled fear, and pain into my mind, told me that's what it took to become a great leader. Instead of finding my mate I found Taylor instead and she told me she had been rejected and we've been each others comfort ever since," Derek went into detail.

"Nicholas fell in love with Ava before he even had a chance to meet his true mate Taylor and he knew the consequences of being with someone before meeting your mate so when he finally met Taylor he refused to give up on Ava so he rejected her," Zachary implied.

It sounded like they both were implying that Ava was the cause of all of this.

"Don't make it seem like this is all my sister's fault because you fuckers mistakes," I growled.

"No one is saying that," Derek growled back.

"Look arguing is going to solve anything," Zachary stood in between the both of us.

"None of this fucking matters at the moment, I looked for the black winged Angel because I needed help stoping Liam, now all of you are here and we aren't anywhere closer to finding him and stopping him," Derek said angrily.

"Well this does currently matter because in order to get Liam-" I started but was interrupted by Ariel who put her hand up for silence.

"I was not told to capture Liam or kill Liam or whatever the fuck you want us to do to a motherfucker that might not even be alive, my mission was to contain a danger," Ariel crossed her arms as she hovered over the ground.

"LIAM IS THE DANGER!!! Your fucking Moon Goddess did not specify a danger to contain and right now Liam is the danger!" Derek yelled out angrily.

Zachary, Ariel and I all materialized weapons into our hands as we pointed them all at Derek as a warning.

"Don't you dare disrespect the Divine Goddess herself, she has done more for you wolves then you ever will imagine," Ariel snapped.

Derek held his hands up in surrender.

"Eva we have a problem," Eli said as he walked into the hospital with a worried expression plastered on his face.

"Where's Ava?" I questioned.

He motioned for us to follow him outside and as we all piled outside I noticed a giant dome in the middle of the territory and there sat Ava in the middle, cross legged and golden eyed.

"It won't allow for anyone to go in or come out, it's as if her subconscious did it herself," Eli said as he shook his head.

"This is my fault, I thought if I could just go in and close a certain door in her mind then everything would be fine but now there's a chain reaction and her mind is trying to open what i locked and it knows things could get violent," Zachary said frantically.

"Good to know you're aware that you're a fuck up," Derek muttered but Zachary caught every word.

"You're of white wolf descendant right? I could fucking destroy and heal you in an instant," Zachary scolded.

"Fighting isn't going to solve anything right now, we need to focus on Ava right now," Eli argued.

I can't remember a time when Ava was this unstable and we weren't able to control her. Hell the last time she was this close to being unstable was when we first found her and she got her official ranking.

*Flashback*

I watched as the girl began to calm down, weapons ceased, eyes no longer glowing and now her beautiful black wings were folded neatly behind her.

I growled.

Who was she and who did she think she was to come in here and show off her newest and highest ranking.

"Who the fuck are you?" I spat as I approached her in the hospital bed.

She looked up at me with fearful eyes, eyes that showed her innocence and her pain behind them.

"My name is Avangeline. I am or at least was a grey winged Angel," She spoke quietly.

Avangeline...Evangeline...they were basically the same name.

"What has the Moon Goddess told you about us being twin sisters?" I asked in disgust.

She couldn't believe this woman in front of me was supposed to be my twin sister and the new black winged assassin Angel, everything about her screamed weak and fragile as she sat there looking so innocent and small, eyes looking as if she were to cry at any moment.

I noticed her eyes glowing as she stared at me, after a few moments she blinked twice and looked up at me with tearful eyes.

"I'm sorry I don't meet your standards of a sister," She whispered to me.

Reading the minds of others was basically an impossible power to achieve, the only other Angel able to believe such power involving the mind was Zachary and even then his power wasn't comparable to this in front of me.

"How did you do that?" I asked her.

"What?"

"The mind thing, how did you do that?" I asked irritable.

"It just sort of happened," She whispered.

I grabbed her by her hair as I pulled her out of the hospital bed as she clawed at my grasp, screaming and kicking.

"Evangeline what are you doing?" Ariel yelled as she hovered in.

I walked past her, dragging this girl until we reached outside. Before I knew it I felt something pull on my legs and in a flash I was pulled to the ground. I watched as she got up from the ground, red eyed holding a celestial silver sword in her hands.

"I refuse to tolerate anymore," Was all she said before she plunged the sword straight through my chest.

*Flashback Over*

"Evangeline?"

I turned to see Ava still inside the dome but now standing up at the edge of it with her hand pressed up against it as she stared at us with wide eyes.

"Avangeline?" I asked as I approached the dome with my hand up against it.

She flinched rather hard as her eyes flashed red for a moment.

"Eve I can hear you but I can't see you, everything is just gold and blurry," She panicked as she looked around in confusion.

"Ava calm down and don't worry, we will figure all of this out and we will get you out," I said calmly.