Chapter 19.

Ava POV
(A/N they are inside Ava's mind so ya enjoy!)

I walked around in this dark empty abyss, looking for a sign of life in this lonely darkness I was unfamiliar with.

"Follow the sound of my voice Ava," I heard the sound of Zachary's voice behind me.

I turned around and immediately began running towards the sound of his voice until I felt myself slam straight a solid figure, I looked up as I rubbed my head to see Zachary's glowing face staring down at me with a smile, as he outstretched his wings to shine light for us. I stepped back as I looked around and was still greeted by eerie darkness.

"Where are we?" I asked him.

He looked at me with a bored expression, almost as if I were supposed to know where we were.

"We are inside of your mind Ava, the part that holds memories, most people have forgotten and others that the mind has blocked out for traumatic reasons. I am the Angel of mind manipulation but only memory so the past is what we will look into for you," He explained.

"Why does my head seem so empty?" I shrugged my shoulders.

He chuckled.

"I haven't done anything yet love," He raised his arms as his eyes began to glow, suddenly doors began to appear along walls, one by one as dimly lit candles appeared next to them.

"This one is promising, let's go through this one," He pointed to the dark oak door in front of as as he began to walk towards it.

"Wait," I said as I pulled against his arm causing him to stop and look at me.

"Where do all of these doors lead to?" I asked.

He smiled.

"These are all doorways into your memories, you don't know what's behind each door because you can only see the present and what's in front of you but my power allows me to see what's behind each door so you have to have faith in me," He said as he intertwined my hand in his and pulled me forward.

He slowly opened the door and immediately I was blinded by a bright light.

I looked around and found myself standing in a field of flowers with Zachary by my side.

I looked ahead and noticed myself sitting in the middle of the field as I held up a small Elizabeth in my hands.

"Zachary is that-"

"Yes it's you and Elizabeth when she was a bit smaller. I wanted to show you this specific memory because you said some things that really stuck to me and I think they are worth remembering," He said.

"Mommy I wanna go higher!" Elizabeth squealed.

She had a small tinted shield around her small form to prevent her fragile skin from burning in the sun.

"A little later Ellie, I'm just tired," The past me said as I placed her down in my lap.

She pouted softly as she looked up at me with big wide eyes, looking at me with such admiration.

"Mommy why is this around me?" She asked a she pointed at the shield around her.

"To protect you from the sun, you aren't like mommy but that doesn't mean I won't stop loving you," I said as I held her tightly.

"What happens when you die?" Ellie asked as she held a flower in her small fist.

"Well you go off with the Moon Goddess," Was all I said.

It seemed as though I was in a deep thought.

"I don't want to die," Ellie argued as she gripped the flower tightly in her hand until the petals crumbled.