Chapter 30.

(The picture is Liam wings)

"I'd like to see you try."

Liam and I both ran toward each other as I raised my sword ready to strike me. He kicked me straight into the chest and sent me flying backwards into a tree.

"Ava!" I saw Nicholas and Taylor running towards me. I blew hard in their direction causing a powerful wind to knock them backwards into the forest, safe from harms way. I got up from the ground and picked up my sword.

Lucas ran towards me and looked at me as if asking for answers.

"Fly up and attack from the sky, I'll distract him on the ground," He nodded and rocketed into the sky.

"Oh Avangeline! We aren't done yet darling! I'm gonna break you!" Liam laughed as he walked towards me.

I looked up at him and screamed as flames shot from my mouth straight toward him. He covered himself with his wings so I ran up to him and sliced at his wing. The skin between the joints were sliced open as he screeched out in pain. Flaming chains appeared in his hand as he lashed out at my arms. I hissed in pain and whisked away my sword. I kicked him in the knee causing him to fall on his knees and punched him square in the nose.

I looked down down at the scars on my arms and noticed they were turning black.
As soon as I looked up, something connected to my face causing me to fall backwards.

I landed on my back and groaned.

Liam looked down at me and smiled as his black blood dripped from his nose and onto my face.

"Your not special, your wings are black and bigger so what? You have no real power,"

I rolled over to my side and smacked him with my wing. He landed on the ground but quickly got up as I got up.

"That's where your wrong Liam I-" I felt a sharp pain in my side. I noticed he lashed my side with his burning chains.

Note to self, never make any speeches about strength while in the middle of a battle.

He lashed out again but this time I caught the chain and twisted it out of his hand. My arms and hands began turning black like coal to adjust to the flames just as his did. He looked at me with amazement as I begun spinning around in a circle full speed. Soon all around me was a giant flaming tornado with me and the chains in the center of it, shredding anything in its path. I started advancing toward Liam. As he tried to fly away, I caught his wings in the tornado and began shredding them with the chains excruciatingly. He screeched out in pain as I shredded his wings and lashed at him body. I felt warm hands clasp around throat as I stopped what I was doing to try to get the hands off of me.

He banged my head on the ground and removed one hand from my throat only to punch my in the face with full force.

"I will punch your face in until you're screaming out in pain," He threatened as he continued to punch me. Blood was leaking down my face, bruises were forming and my eye was becoming more swollen.

He raised his fist and smirked at me.

"Remember this love? Every night I would beat you and apologize and you would just fall for it!" He laughed.

I raised my head a little and spat my blood in his face. Just as his fist was about to come down to my face again he gave out a loud bat like screech and got off me to grab something to throw it at me.

Instinctively, I caught it and growled when I realized what it was. Derek looked at me in wolf formed and whimpered as he noticed my face.

"Derek get out of here!" I shouted at him.

He ignored me and charged at Liam who was staggering around due to the bite mark Derek gave him in his leg. He knocked him off his feet and began snapping at his face.

Where the hell did Lucas go? Did he abandon me?

A whimper and whine snapped me out of my thoughts as I noticed Liam stuck Derek in the leg with a dagger.

I ran forward and kicked Liam straight in the chest. I knelt down to Derek who was panting hard and laying down on his side. He looked at me with a pleasing look as if saying just end it.

"Just do it Avangeline," I flinched at my name.

"Do it or I swear I will murder him horribly in front of you," Liam growled.

A silver dagger appeared in my hand as I felt the urge consuming me and taking over.

"I love you," I whispered to Derek.

I stuck the knife straight into his chest and watched as he became motionless, he began shifting back to his human self. I knew I was destined to do this but it pained me to see his lifeless body staring up at me with no light, no twinkle in his eyes.

I clutched his body and let the silent tears slide down my face as I realized how much love I had for this man. My moment was quickly ruined my Liam dragging me away by my hair. I screamed and clawed at his hands until he let me go and kicked me in my face.

He bent down to my face and growled.

"You're mine now bi-" before he could finish, I opened my mouth and screamed as flames shot out of my mouth straight towards his face. It pained my throat but it was worth watching Liam scream and cover his now burned face.

He let go of his face and chains appeared in his hands. He lashed them out, capturing my hands. As I struggled he began pulling the chains, like his mission was to tear off my limbs.

Just as I thought it was the end, the chains disappeared and there was a loud screech behind me.

I looked behind me to see Lucas holding Liam in place as he squirmed around.

I stood up and walked toward him. Liam looked at me with shock across his face.

"Well I guess you're my bitch now," I smirked.

He continued to screech and struggle as my sword came into my hand. Without hesitation I stabbed him straight in the chest, piercing him straight through. At that same moment one of his hands got free and he stabbed me in the chest with something sharp. I flinched and fell to the ground as his body became motionless. His body began turning into a giant cloud of smoke as it created a giant hole in the earth and zoomed straight to the center. Lucas looked over at me and then back to the hole.

"Thanks," He was all he said before he dived straight into the hole and closed it up.

"Ava!" I heard a yell. I didn't have the strength to look up because it was draining out of my body.

Nicholas appeared in my view and yanked whatever was in my chest out. He held it up and I noticed it was a piece of the bone from Liam's wing.

I didn't know something so ugly could have such a terrible effect on you.

"No no no Ava you'll be fine stay awake, just stay awake," Nicholas pleaded.

"Nicky I can't, I'm so sleepy," I cried out. Tears slid down my face.

Looks like Derek would have to survive without me.

My eyes kids began to droop and it became increasingly harder to keep them open.

"No Ava I refuse for you to die in my arms right now," Nicholas warned.

I held his hand and smiled at him.

"Apparently this was destined to be, be happy with your true mate and live your life free from me finally," I smiled.

I grew weaker and weaker until I finally I would be one with the Moon Goddess.

There was a flash of light in the sky and the ground rumbled.

The last thing I could hear from Nicholas was

"Hurry up she's over here!"