Chapter 17.

Eva's POV

She banged on the dome as a fearful expression began to arise on her face.

"Eve please get me out," She pleaded as she continued to bang.

I walked up to the dome as a dagger materialized in my hand, I attempted to stab through the dome but as my dagger made contact I felt a painful electric current run through my body as Ava screamed and I was thrown backwards.

"What just happened?" Ariel asked as she helped me up.

"Her mind has created a barrier to block out any and all outside distractions," Zachary said.

"To protect herself?" I asked as I rubbed the back of my head.

"No, to protect us,"

"WHO IS ELIZABETH?!" Ava screamed out as she held her head tightly, eyes glowing even brighter.

"Ava is an Angel of mind manipulation, of course her mind would be too powerful to just have a door simply locked," Zachary whispered.

"Why do you keep talking about locking doors? Weren't you just supposed to erase a memory?" I asked annoyed.

"Our minds are filled with-"

Zachary was cut off by a screaming Ava.

"WHO IS DEREK?!" She cried out as she slid down the dome.

"Why are you just standing there while your mate is in pain?" Ariel questioned, looking at Derek.

Taylor came running outside as she attempted to latch onto Derek but he growled at her as he snatched his arm away from her.

"If you can't do anything what makes you think I can?!" He asked surprised.

"You're her mate!" I yelled out.

He studied me for a moment before walking up to the dome. He placed his hand directly onto it causing her screaming to finally stop.

Maybe this was working.

She slowly stood up as she stared directly at Derek, wide eyed.

"Avangeline?" Derek asked.

Her wide gold eyes soon began to shift to a blood red color, a color not many had the luxury of seeing because the moment you saw an Angel with blood red eyes, you were pronounced dead.

"You killed her," She whispered towards Derek.

I walked up beside Derek as I placed my hand on the dome.

"What did you say Ava?" I asked even though I heard her words perfectly clear.

"HE KILLED HER!!!" She screamed as she raised her celestial sword.

She swung at the dome, hoping it would do some kind of damage but the sword merely bounced back, no damage to be seen.

"Why isn't it breaking?" I asked, relieved that Derek's head was still intact.

"It's like her mind and her body are two separate beings right now, her body is running off of her emotions and her mind is is protecting us while things are patched together and they both can finally connect as one again," Zachary explained.

Ava's wings began to retract from her back as she began attacking the dome with her wings but not even a scratch could be seen.

She screamed and as she did, flames shot from her mouth , onto the dome as we all stood there in shock, a power we've never seen before and I'm sure a power she didn't know she was capable of.