chapter 11: janis

hello everyone!! happy wednesday! i hope you're all having a great day have this yeeha

tw for
ptsd-ish things
discussion of SA/drugging
and as always please let me know if i've missed something so i can put it in :)

enjoy!!

—————

The beginning of November passes by in a blur. Revenge, football, Cady, more football, more Cady, revenge. The general gist is the same.

Cady and Janis are both happy with how their plot is progressing. Of course, they haven't actually done anything yet, but the ideas give them a lot of hope. It's a slow process.

They're both scheming in their heads on their respective buses to an away game. They've had a few so far throughout the season, but this one is special. It's in the city, and they're playing against a school far enough from home that they'll be staying in a hotel overnight.

About ten minutes away from their destination, Janis realizes she should probably be planning strategies for the game instead of how to ruin her ex-best friend's life. She has plenty of time for that, but the game starts in two hours.

Janis is surprised to see the hotel they pull up next to. It's not a five star establishment by any means, but the North Shore budget she's used to would barely cover a motel. The football team clearly gets more than the arts departments. For once, she's not complaining.

"Sarkisian, over here for a sec," Coach Carr says. Janis grabs her bag from the storage trailer and jogs over to him. "You'll be rooming with one of the cheerleaders. Can't have any co-ed rooms."

"Yes, coach," Janis nods, heading over to the other girls to find out who she's been stuck with. Please don't be Regina, please please please don't be Regina.

"Alright ladies, listen up! Room assignments!" the cheer coach yells. "Wieners, Smith; 300! Pak, D'Alessio; 301!" The names continue until they get to, "Heron, Sarkisian; 310!"

Janis sneakily looks over at Cady, and finds Cady looking back out of the corner of her eye. Cady shoots her a quick smile before she looks away again and pretends to complain about the room assignment to the Plastics.

Janis heads up to get her room key from the cheer coach. All the other girls give her a wide berth and shoot sympathetic glances at Cady. Janis rolls her eyes as she takes the plastic card and heads off to find their room.

-

Janis is lounging casually against the wall while she waits for Cady to arrive. She shoots her a smile when Cady comes up. "Howdy, roomie."

"Hi," Cady giggles. She fumbles adorably with the lock for a second before she gets the hang of it and pushes the door open. Janis motions for her to go into the room first and follows right after her. "Oh. There's... only one bed."

"I'll talk to coach, see if we can get a new room," Janis says immediately. "Or I could sleep on the floor. Or-"

"Janis," Cady interrupts. "It's fine. I was just pointing it out."

"I just don't want you to be uncomfortable," Janis mumbles sheepishly.

Cady gives her a precious smile. "I appreciate that, but it's really okay."

Janis purses her lips the slightest bit and nods. Cady puts her bag down and continues exploring the room.

"Ooh, we have a balcony," she says as she pulls the curtains open. Janis heads over to see and looks out over her shoulder.

"Oh, and what a view," she laughs when she sees their room has a beautiful vista over the parking lot and that their room in particular seems to be directly over the dumpsters. Luckily, they're high up enough that they can't smell anything.