I Was Bird Watching!

Author's note:

not the most interesting or best chapter in this book, but it'll get better next chapter. just- just hang in there :']

And ever since that day, Izuku found himself visiting the gym every day after school. He'd sit in one of the many black bleachers and do his homework as he watched the team compete and play against each other for practice. Or, if he was lucky enough to catch his Kacchan alone, he'd play with him. Then, they'd walk back to the dormitories, into one of their dorms to do their homework together. Whatever it was, there was no denying that there was something going on between the two. It was way more obvious now than it was at the beginning of this academic year. It sucks that it's their last.

They had finished their morning jogs for today, and were heading over to the school building. Everything seemed to go how it usually would, Katsuki was walking with his friends, while Izuku was walking with his own.

Before any of Izuku's friends could say anything, he spoke up. "I know what you're gonna say." He told them. "Then tell us." Todoroki responded. The greenette gulped. "It's... not what you think. You're uh- wayy.. off." He explained awkwardly, trying to keep his voice low since he didn't wanna look back and check how close Kacchan was. Everyone in his squad was quiet. "Oh, oka—" Shoto didn't get to finish. "If you really think that one sentence is gonna make us believe you, then your wrong, Izuku!" Uraraka argued. "He's wrong?" Poor Shoto asked, Izuku literally confirmed that there was nothing going on between them, what more proof did they want?

"Yes, Shoto! He's wrong. He's lying, he clearly likes him." Uraraka explained. "I don't! We're just friends." He frowned, looking at her.

"Friends don't almost kiss, Izu." The brunette shook her head, she was not giving this up. "We- we didn't.." he mumbled, before he could even finish his sentence, his mind drifted off to all those times their faces were so close to each other, just inches apart even. Would they have actually kissed if it weren't for those few inches of distance? Would he have liked it? How would have gone from there? Is that even possible to happen in the first place?

"You know, she's not wrong, Midoriya. Friends may accidentally get to close, but I personally don't think it would get that awkward. Since they don't have feelings for each other, they would just laugh it off." Tsuyu agreed, the greenette stayed speechless. "But you guys- you guys just act really awkward with each other when it happens— well, mostly you, he just doesn't show it much. But it's there." Ochako added.

Izuku had no idea what to say. Maybe it wouldn't be so awkward with close friends, but would they be considered close friends? We're they friends, even? Katsuki had already said before that he hadn't considered him a friend. But everything that happened after that, it just felt wrong to not call it some sort of friendship. But of course, that was Katsuki's choice. He couldn't decide for him whether he wants him to be his friend or not. Whether he was close enough to the male or not, he couldn't do that. All Izuku knew that he thought of Katsuki as a close friend, after all their time spent. It felt as if it was getting better day by day. And maybe someday, this friendship would bloom into something more beautiful.

"Is it.. that obvious?" Deku muttered quietly, but his best friend had heard. "You admit it!?" She looked surprised. "No, no! I was just asking if I acted that way, that's all. Nothing more."

"To me, it looks quite obvious. Just the way you look at him gives it away, I'm surprised he hasn't noticed yet." Asui chuckled after she answered him. "Oh.. do you think he noticed?" Izuku looked at her.

"Bakugou seems like the type of person who wouldn't care about things when it comes to love. I'm not sure, he gives off that vibe, so I'm assuming that he hasn't noticed." Todoroki responded this time. "But.. that's bad, in a way. If he's not interested in this stuff at all, then there's a chance he won't like me back, he wouldn't care, and think it's stupid or something.." the greenette frowned at himself. Shoto's words did relax him a little, but worsened it at the same time. That's when the freckled male noticed his best friend smiling. "What?" He asked, confused.