➾ three

CHAPTER THREE

CHAPTER THREE

🌱

just as he promised, lo'ak arrived again later that night with more food. alea was grateful, for both the food and the company.

they fell into a comfortable conversation, one about how lo'ak had to fight to tame his ikran. alea had heard a story about how warriors acquired their ikrans, but didn't realize the extent of how intense it actually was.

she could listen to him tell her stories all night. the way he was passionate about his freedom to fly and explore the forest, yet he also was determined to become a warrior.

"then once i flew bill over the hallelujah mountains and tried to bank right, but it was too fast. i nearly crashed! my dad didn't let my fly for a week." lo'ak finished telling a story, much to alea's amusement.

"lo'ak, you must be really brave to put yourself through that." she told him honestly. all of his stories sounded like he found trouble, but was able to pull through in the end. concluding if he has so many of these stories, he must either be brave or stupid.

he smiled. he'd never heard someone say that, usually he was in trouble for those sorts of things. "nah. just lucky i think."

alea laughed then let out a yawn, indicating she was tired. lo'ak realized how late it had gotten, scrambling to get up. "shit! my dads gonna skin me for being home late."

alea drew her brows together. "you are not to be out past eclipse?"

he nodded. "um, yeah. especially alone. sorry, i need to go now. i'll see you tomorrow, okay?" he waved and rushed off.

alea waved back, amused at his exit. he sure had character and was glad that he wasn't bored of her yet.

the girl tried moving her ankle to see if it's made progress, but only the same sharp pain responded.

for some reason, she wasn't worried about her ankle anymore. in fact, she hoped it would take as long as it needed to heal.

morning came and went, with no sign of lo'ak. alea wasn't worried at first, but when half the day was gone, she started to.

although she didn't dare go near the camp, she wanted to know if he was alright. perhaps the boy did get bored of her company or finally realized she wasn't worth sneaking away food and water everyday.

and alea can't hunt for herself, so her hunger problem would have to take precedence. she stood to the best of her ability and began walking in a perpendicular line from the village, just to be sure she never stepped a foot closer than she had to.