➾ eight

CHAPTER EIGHT

CHAPTER EIGHT

🌱

alea flit her eyes open, her body being awakened by a comforting warmth beside her. she hummed as she sunk into the feeling, before realizing what said warmth was.

she now stared at her position, almost completely underneath lo'ak. she felt her cheeks burn at the close proximity, but didn't rush to change it yet.

so alea thought of how she could get out of this without waking him, wanting to avoid any awkward conversations.

she could only come up with one solution- pretend that she was still sleeping and shift so that lo'ak wakes and hopefully moves on his own.

closing her eyes again and slowing her breathing to match the boy next to her, alea was ready for the next part of her plan. she shifted just like she's initially planned, but didn't realize just how close they were. she felt something hard pressing against her once she moved, making her eyes widen and regret everything she planned in that moment.

lo'ak shot straight up after feeling something rubbing against his morning hardness, the surprise was enough to clear his thoughts immediately jumped away from the girl next to him.

"shit! oh- morning, al." lo'ak nervously spoke as he noticed the girl now awake. he hunched his legs closer to himself and dangled his arm over them, hoping this posture would make his problem less noticeable.

she smirked but didn't say anything, "good morning to you, too."

to lend lo'ak some privacy, she offered to prepare some food to eat. she left him by the ledge for a good ten minutes, hoping that was enough time to let himself cool down.

"here, try this." she extended a bowl with various seeds inside once she returned to his side.

he furrowed his brows looking at the food. "what is this? we don't have this at the village."

she popped a seed into her mouth, "pompa seeds. they only grow here, by tree hut. try!"

alea was excited to share one of her favorite snacks with him, hoping he enjoyed them as much as her. she felt herself slowly opening up to him, even if it was as small as this.

lo'ak took the seed and ate it, chewing the crunchy yet tasteful flavor. "damn, this is pretty good."

they chatted awhile about non-important things, both laughing and enjoying the warm company.

"when do you need to return to your village?" alea asked, not wanting him to go just yet. but she wouldn't tell him that.

he glanced up at the sky, noticing the darkening colors as it neared eclipse already. "now, probably. i'm already in trouble enough as it is, i don't need to be grounded for staying out late again." he sighed.