➾ five

CHAPTER FIVE

CHAPTER FIVE

🌱

alea felt her entire body relax once lo'ak set her down inside the tree hut. she closed her eyes, finally feeling the aftermath of dragging her injured body on a long trek like that.

but her peace was ruined rather quickly. a loud bang caused her eyes to shoot open and glare at the culprit.

"sorry.." lo'ak grimaced as he ran into a pile of weapons, knocking half of it over. she rolled her eyes and tried to fall asleep again, but to no avail.

"do you always make so much noise?" alea grumbled, giving up on the much needed nap for now.

"how about a- thanks lo'ak for being so brave and walking me home then carrying me up my tall ass tree, you're just the best!" lo'ak spoke in a high pitched voice, attempting to mimic alea to tease her.

she raised a brow, "was that supposed to be me?"

"yep," he smirked, "anyway, i wasn't kidding about being hungry."

"well i wasn't kidding about not having food."

"so what am i supposed to do?"

"go hunt? gather fruit? honestly, how you're still alive surprises me."

"i survive on my luck and good looks."

she scoffed, "you are unbelievable."

lo'ak grinned, "i know."

alea rolled her eyes, "just go get some food skxawng."

"you know you love me."

"lo'ak!"

"okay fine i'm going!"

lo'ak finally descended down the tree and left alea alone, with some peace and quiet. attempting to take advantage of it, she closed her eyes and felt herself drift off within minutes.

lo'ak walked around nearby the tree, looking for anything to bring back to eat. he only had a hatchet for a hunting tool, so that could be difficult to get anything good.

he noticed a bush filled with large fruits, so he grabbed a couple.

returning to the tree hut, lo'ak tried his best to be quiet. he knew how tired and exhausted alea was and he really didn't want to wake her again if she was sleeping.