➾ six

CHAPTER SIX

CHAPTER SIX

🌱

over the next week, each day became a routine. lo'ak flew his ikran to visit alea at her tree hut. she was still 'stuck' at the top due to her ankle and not being able to climb down on her own, or she'd need his help.

either way, lo'ak figured she needed his help for awhile longer still. like he promised himself, he brought his bow along to make more successful hunts. he oddly felt a strong feeling of pride being about to provide a meal for the two of them.

alea was grateful for lo'ak, each day he would come and help her on his own time. she knew he had a family yet he was wanting to help her. little did lo'ak now, her ankle was nearly healed. she could even walk on it just fine, and she'd been climbing up and down the tree when the boy wasn't there.

yet for some unknown reason, she did not want to tell him the full truth. because this way, he still came to visit her. he came to help, joke and hunt. he came to be her friend.

so for these reasons, alea wasn't ready to let him go. she figured once she told him her ankle was healed, he would stop showing up and she would be left all alone again.

and alea did not want to be alone anymore.

little do both alea and lo'ak know is that after letting another week go by, neteyam decided to follow his little brother on his daily adventure into the forest.

he watched lo'ak lead him a ways past the village, nearing the border to another clan. he was confused, but continued following him. neteyam then landed a safe distance away to go unnoticed, then tracked his brother by foot to the unknown location.

that's when neteyam saw the tree that lo'ak climbed into. it left him speechless, but also wondering why he was even in there.

but neteyam didn't bother going to look just yet, he figured he would follow lo'ak for a few more days before possibly reporting back to his father about his findings.

so neteyam camped out and watched the tree for a few hours, noticing minimal movement from anything besides lo'ak. either his brother is hanging out in a tree all by himself—which wouldn't necessarily surprise him—or someone was hiding.

finished with his spying for the day, neteyam took off. he didn't have much, but he did have a location.

lo'ak was currently tending to alea's ankle, which to him looked pretty much healed but she still complained about it. he didn't want to deny assistance and he dreaded the day she said she no longer needed his help. he wanted to stay for as long as she'd let him, since he's grown very fond of the girl.