➾ nine

CHAPTER NINE

CHAPTER NINE

🌱

lo'ak went to work right away once he laid alea down in the tree hut on her stomach. he rummaged clumsily as he looked for anything to use, trying to remember where she stashed her medicines.

luckily it only took him a minute to find it, in a cabinet-like area, with everything he would need. he gathered all the tools and creams, not sure which ones to use exactly.

he closed his eyes and took a deep breath, trying to sort through any memories of a healer using something that could be of useful information right now.

while he thought, he knew he should stitch the open wound to close it. he was glad the bleeding had slowed or it would've been a lot harder to see the area clearly, but he managed.

unfortunately the girl had passed out as lo'ak starting stitching. the adrenaline was wearing off and the pain was kicking in- too much for her body to handle.

which lo'ak was slightly grateful for her being unconscious so she wouldn't feel him working diligently in her back. his brows were furrowed as he successfully stitched the gash closed, his quick actions saving her a lot of blood.

he wiped a bead of sweat from his forehead, then went back to the ointments to figure out which one he would need. he would pick one up then toss it to the side, none of them looked right. until he got to a greenish paste that smelled like yalnabark, he knew kiri used this for cuts and it was painless- not that alea would feel anything anyway.

he poured the yalnabark into a bowl, mixed it around so the liquid was evenly spread, then dipped three of his fingers in it. he applied the yalnabark slowly and gently, careful of the new stitches present.

lo'ak figured he might as well tend to her other scratches, some worse than others but he wanted to get them all. he didn't want her in any pain.

after another twenty-minutes or so, lo'ak was done with the ointment. he set the bowl on the ground and sat next to alea, his breath catching up to him now that he wasn't doing anything tedious.

the boy grew exhausted from everything that had just happened and let his heavy eyelids close. he knew he should catch up on rest especially if alea was sleeping, there wasn't anything left for him to do.

it was well after eclipse when lo'ak stirred, his body ached and his mind was groggy. as he came to, he noticed alea was awake now and she sat closer to him, her head on his unscathed shoulder.

alea felt his movement and turned to him, worry evident in her eyes. "lo'ak, you're awake!"

he was confused, she was the one who was bleeding out- not him. "of course i am, what about you? how do you feel?"