Chapter 12

Yeah, this is going to be reoccurring, with me updating once in a while.   Unfortunately, I had this in my files and forgot to submit it. Whoops! Hopefully, you will forgive me for the mix-up!

Enjoy this chapter even though it is short.

***

I had to cut my trip short with everyone. He would be coming around soon and most likely to the house. I needed to get there first before he did.

Who knew what he could do?

His presence alone made me sick to my core

Alina slithered into the bag

I grabbed my wand, strapped it to my waist, and threw the rest of my clothes into my bag. I did not bring much, so that was helpful.

"Where are you going," a voice asks.

I turn around to see Bellatrix at the entrance of the door. Her face looked surprised, and I could see she was confused and angered.

Damn it; I was so occupied that I did not hear her when she walked into the room. I needed to come up with something to say.

"I am packing," I said, taking my stuff into the bag.

Bloody hell, was that the only thing my mind could come up with.

My eyes followed back to the items I needed to concentrate on, but I wanted so badly to look at Bellatrix and talk to her in soft words and assure her that everything was gonna be fine. Even though I knew it was not.

"I can see that I am not blind," she says irritatedly. "Answer me; where are you going?"

She grew closer, trying to get my attention, but I could not dare look her in the eye. Her hand drifted to my own.

It pained me, but I reacted to her touch quickly, putting away my stuff.

"Lora Avery!"

I stopped.

The room seemed to have never been touched, almost empty as before. I now turned at her seeing her face full of anguish and sadness.

My actions already appeared to hurt her with how silent and stoic I was.

"I have been summoned back," a monotone sound came from my voice.

Her brows still furrow, "So that's it? You are just gonna up here and leave without telling me. One minute you profess your love for me and then go on your bloody merry way!"

I shake my head, damaged by her words, "No, that was never the case." I cupped my hands to her face, but she shoos them off, squeezing her hands into mine.

"So what is it then?"

I looked at her, unwilling to express the deterioration my soul had experienced at the hands of the Avery family.

"I am obligated by my family to go when summoned."

She did not seem pleased and squeezed my hands with much strength, "Everyone has to go when their family calls what it means to be a pure-blood wizard. I am just gobsmacked by how and why you are leaving so suddenly."

"It seems we have a new guest wanting me to join their ranks," I look at her, hopefully seeing if she could catch my hint.

Her face gradually began to put the pieces together and she let go of my hands probably now red from how hard she squeezed them.

"Can you not wait a little longer," I could feel the desperation in her voice.

"Sadly, if I were to disobey, there will be more damage than good from my being held here any longer."