Chapter 3

Hello everyone, it is wonderful to be back after so long!

Hope you enjoy and don't forget to comment and vote

I recommend listening to the song above during the dancing scene. I will put an author note to where it will start.

Now back to the story

***

The week had gone through like a blur. I was unable to confess my feelings for Bellatrix, and I would have to leave for my house as soon as the ceremony was over.

Each person was called up and given a certificate. Currently, we were at the last house, Slytherin.

Typical.

"Ben Avery," Dumbledore's voice called out, reading his name from a scroll.

My Aunt, uncle, and Grandma all clapping and shouting.

"Ben Avery was a suburb quidditch player and great at charms," Dumbledore's voice rang out.

"That is my son," my uncle said obnoxiously, causing other families to be uncomfortable.

Their joy and excitement from the family caused me to wish for my own parents.

When I would go on stage, there would be no cheers from my parents. No congratulations.

This is what my life was, and I had to accept it. Less pain I would feel.

Dumbledore kept on shouting names, and I was the last of the A's.

"Loralai Avery," my name had been said.

I held my head up high, not giving my family the satisfaction of making me sad.

The hall was silent.

"Loralai Avery was in the top of her classes and scored higher than any other student in her O.W.L.S. She was a master dueler and the best in the Slytherin Household. She is also one of the top five students to perfect all potions in her all her years here."

I stood there shaking Dumbledore's hand.

He pitifully looked at me. For once, this man, I had never been fond of was looking like at me more like a student than an enemy.

I smiled at him as I slowly whispered.

"Do not pity me. I am used to this," I say darkly.

His eyes twitched, and he felt pain. I could see how he felt somewhat guilty, for he too was not the best person to me. He then grabbed my shoulder and spun me around.

"Let us give her a round of applause, shall we," his voice echoed.

The whole crowd slowly started to clap, but then it erupted. Everyone was clapping for me.

I heard shouting coming from Lucius, Severus, Narcissa, and Bellatrix.

I blushed slightly, embarrassed by this action as well as all the attention.

"Thank you," I whispered to him as I got off the stage.

I could tell Ben was not please about me upstaging him. I, however, did not care.

As my friends named were mentioned, I would cheer loudly for them as they came over smiling, withholding their diplomas.

As the names kept on being pulled and Slytherin had concluded with all their students, the festivities had commenced, the parents and graduated students smiling happily.