44 | tuesday's with the prefect

Lennon Oakley wasn't a dumb girl. She was very aware of how close Seren Lestrange and Tom Riddle were but she wasn't too worried about it. If they truly had feelings for each other then surely, they would be an item, no?

They've been friends for many years and maybe it's because her house is Hufflepuff but she doesn't see anything more than a friendship from the two. Of course there was just no way for her to know more when Slytherin's were so private and exclusive of their lives, especially Tom.

That's what made her more curious though, she wanted to know everything about the charming, straight A, prefect. So when she found him studying alone in the library the following school day, she just couldn't help herself.

A blush came to her cheeks as she got to the table he was at but he didn't even bother to look, quill writing quickly on his parchment. It wasn't until she cleared her throat to catch his attention did he look up. A lifted brow in question as to why she was standing in front of him. She gave him a shy smile, "Sorry, I just saw you sitting here by yourself and all the other tables are taken so I was wondering if I could sit?"

He looked around the room and unfortunately she was right, "Alright."

She cheered internally as she took the seat across from him setting her books down. Tom returned his attention to his own work that he hoped to complete soon so he could be gone before Seren came looking for him. It was a Tuesday night and she would be staying with him tonight instead of her roommates. Honestly, he needed her to sleep with him, he needed to know she was there and that she wouldn't leave him. He needed it.

It's been months since she last slept over in his room at Hogwarts and he misses the familiarity of it. Lennon looked up at him, "Tom, I was wondering if there was any way you can help me with my studies on Tuesday—"

"No."

He gave no room for debate, kept his answer short and simple with no explanation just a straightforward no. Lennon's face flushed red in embarrassment, definitely not expecting him to say no just like that. Tom focused back down on his work leaving Lennon there alone to think. She always knew Tom was hard to approach was it really this hard? He always seemed charming enough talking with his classmates.

It was like he had a sixth sense when it came to Seren, always had. He always sensed when she was around or upset or avoiding him. He was very aware of her at all times even when he tried fighting whatever he had with her for the sake of his Deatheater plans. In reality, it was no surprise that when he finally decided to look up from his work again it wasn't for Lennon. It was like his body was telling him Seren was just around the counter and she was.

Seren stopped in her tracks staring at the brunette sitting across from Tom. Her eyes shifted around the pair landing on Tom's who watched her. Seren was in conflict between joining him or staying away. Lennon approached Tom at Hogsmeade too and he hasn't pushed her away like he normally would with all the girls who fancied him. Did that mean Tom had a soft spot for her?