20| feelings in motion

Tom paced around her bedroom. She was of big help today, and he couldn't deny that. She was currently taking a bath, but he took his time wandering around her room. It had been a past time of his to join her in the afternoons. She was much better company than the others. Abraxas was still in a mood because of the other night, it didn't help Tom was willing to push his buttons any chance he got. It wasn't his fault Abraxas liked to overreact about things. He shouldn't be so territorial over her, he was always like this when it came to Tom and it only made the latter laugh.

When Seren came out of the bathroom, her hair was drenched, slightly brushed through but water droplets fell onto her gown. He watched as she fluffed her hair with a towel, applying lotion on her arms and legs. His eyes followed her hands as they trailed moisturizer on the expanse of her neck. Stretching her arms, her ribs popped slightly through the thin material as she came up to her feet. She looked to him, caught off guard with the intensity in his eyes. "What?" She asked with a sigh as she came down onto her bed beside him.

He hand trailed up her leg suddenly, "You're soft." Rolling her eyes, she pulled a fluffed pillow closer and rested it between her arm and head. Her breath hitched as his hand came up, fingertip just barely under the hem of her dress. "I think Abraxas interrupted us the other night," he let out a dramatic sigh. She rolled onto her stomach, hiding her face in her pillow, "I don't know what you are talking about." He smiled slightly when she turned away from him.

He leaned down, placing a small peck on her shoulder. His kisses traveled up her neck, ticking the back softly, "For the Malfoy Christmas Ball, you'll be my date, right?" She sighed in content at the feeling, "Maybe I'll go with Abraxas." Tom stopped his actions, his breath hitting her jaw more harshly. He leaned back, watching her for any hint of banter in the way she spoke. "What did you just say?" He asked sitting up.

"Do you think I haven't noticed how you're using me to get under his skin?" She asked turning on her back once more. He looked down at his lap, laugh falling from his lips as he shook his head. "You really are unbelievably stupid," his jaw clenched, pulling his finger off of her gentle skin roughly. He stood to his feet, walking toward the door. With a roll of her eyes, she sighed, "Where are you going?" He didn't bother turning around as he reached for the handle, "Since he isn't anywhere near, there's no use in me being here, right? I have no audience so I shouldn't be in here with you."

"Tom, it's not that serious," she sat up, "You're going to be mad now?" He opened the door, stepping out to leave to his room. He did think he was doing it to make Abraxas mad, but why did it bother him so much for her to say it. He wasn't interested in her that way. Though she did look rather lovely today at Hepzibah's home drinking tea, legs crossed, leaning into his side slightly. He shook his head, ridding the thought of how her skin glowed when she came out of the bath, damp with water and smelt of vanilla. He wanted to turn around and lay back down in her bed but he knew better than to do that. She'd only mock him further, insisting he was using her. He was conflicted between the idea. At first, he strongly believed he was using her for his own personal gain, that's what he did with everyone else anyway, but he was starting to second guess his intention, and he couldn't be doing that.

"Tom, what are you doing up at this hour?" Remington asked him, he wore a large black velvet robe with gold lacings. A lit candle in his hand as he walked in the direction of the library. He shook his head, "Doesn't matter. Follow me into the library."

Seren had felt a bit guilty. Part of her didn't want to shy away from his touch, only the part that knew he was her Tom. But the part who knew what kind of monster he was growing into wanted to throw venom laced in her words in hopes he'd leave her alone. Letting out a huff in annoyance, she left her room, ready to head to his. The hall was dark, all the lights and candles off due to the lateness in the night. Her direction was headed to Tom's room, but the slight movement of light under a door caught her attention.

The library door was shut, but flickering light was seen underneath. Eyes shifting from Tom's room to the library, she turned into the direction of the lit room. Careful not to pass the doorway as she put her ear against the wall.

"Well, if you must," Remington sighed, "Kill her. The Cup would make a nice addition to the collection wouldn't you say? And the locket, I'd save that for another time. We wouldn't want to waste it."

"Of course sir," Tom smiled, "Seren was of great use today, though I don't think I will take her with me tomorrow. I don't want her to raise suspicion or—"

"Very true, it is best to keep her away from those things before we know she's fully ready.  Testing her loyalty would be useful to know how far she's willing to go for the cause," Remington sighed.

Tom nodded, "I will try and keep her away from that, I wouldn't want to taint her."

"I respect your decision Tom, she hasn't seen what you did to that mudblood boy, William, has she?" Remington asked.

Seren's brows furrowed, peaking in closer.

"Of course not, but he's taken a step back. She thinks he doesn't fancy her anymore."

She pulled herself away from the door. Brows furrowed, she took a step back in confusion. Tom was going to kill Hepzibah. That was his plan all along but he kept it from her. She didn't understand why she get surprised, as if she didn't know the repulsive things he was capable of. She paced her room, nails between her teeth as she looked out the window at the moon. Bastin was busy trying to dust off the window pane for her to sit despite her protest.
She looked down the elf, there were only a few difference between him and Hokey. Hokey was more older and much more fragile. Her back was more hunched from harder labor, and her ears sagged lower. She was merely skin and bones compared to Bastin who had a slight stronger appearance. His belly was more full and he had very soft muscle on his arms.

Seren bit her lip in thought. She let an idea curse through her mind. She couldn't let Hepzibah die. Even if she didn't know her well or if she was supposed to be on Tom's side, she couldn't let it happen. "I need floo powder," Seren spoke just above a whisper to Bastin. He nodded his head, running out the door in search for what she needed. She took the opportunity of the empty bedroom to change into warmer clothes and boots. She stuck her wand in her long boot, putting a beanie on.

"Where will you going be going," Bastin asked, struggling to carry the pouch of floo powder and closing the door softly. She locked it quietly, turning her attention to her elf.

"There's something I've got to do," Seren told him, kneeling down beside him, "Don't tell anybody that I have left. I've put an enchantment on my door so it can't be opened without my password. If mornings comes and I have yet to return, tell them I've fallen ill to the weather. I'll be back as soon as possible."

Bastin nodded in salute, Seren took some of the powder from the pouch, carrying it in her hands and she concentrated as much as she could on her task at hand.

Tom was tempted to head to Seren's room was Remington had disappeared into his sleeping chambers. He was tempted to lie down next to her and play with her hair once more, seeing if it had fully dried yet. He had to stop the idea of running through his mind. If he kept letting himself cave in to her touch, then she'd really start assuming other things about him.

There was no light coming from her end anyway, sounds of light snoring filling his ears. With a discontent sigh, he trailed back to his room, the darkness leaving a cold feeling on his skin.

::.