𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘 𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐄𝐄. the one where peter hates kanimas

˚ ༘ ✶ ₊ ˚. ི CHAPTER 23
࿐ ᵗʰᵉ ᵒⁿᵉ ʷʰᵉʳᵉ ᴾᵉᵗᵉʳ ʰᵃᵗᵉˢ ᴷᵃⁿⁱᵐᵃˢ

  ࿐           ᵗʰᵉ ᵒⁿᵉ ʷʰᵉʳᵉ ᴾᵉᵗᵉʳ ʰᵃᵗᵉˢ ᴷᵃⁿⁱᵐᵃˢ

      VALACK AND LYDIA ARE GONE.

      Amidst the chaos of a Hellhound, he whisked Lydia away down some dingy hallway or another. Like a predator protecting his prey, Lydia weak and barely able to comprehend how many of her friends were around her— here for her.

     Stiles is the first to the door they passed through after Peter is making sure the Hellhound isn't tracking them down next, beating on it and trying to break through fruitlessly. Even Theo joins, his boot slamming into it yet barely making it rattle. After a moment, Peter's voice speaks up in the background.

           "Move."

   Stiles quickly moves out of the way just as Theo, Peter flicks out two webs onto the top and of door and twisted it around his hands tightly. He sucks in a sharp breath and imagines for a millisecond what Lydia has gone through.

     He grunts, and the wretches off the hinges with a single flex of his arms and a pivot.

     Stiles looks at him with confusion for a moment before rushing through the door without as much as a word to question him.

     Peter's had an anger awakening it seems. Something coke over him since he was standing helplessly at the gate with Scott and Liam. He was Lydia's best hope, with stronger limbs than Stiles and better— everything than Theo, Lydia life is seemingly on his shoulders. But he won't let himself rot in guilt about not opening the gate or not moving faster or not being better. He was never strong enough, never fast enough, never good enough— and he'd had quite enough of Theo making everything a whole lot harder.

Theo shook his head, scoffing. "You're not going to find her without me!" He blurted angrily, only grumbling after not getting a response from either boy and having to follow after them down the dingy hospital hallway further into the institution's darkest sublevels. "Peter!"

Stiles stops just outside one of the metal fence doors at the call of his boyfriend. Peter's already twenty steps ahead going his best detective work to find Lydia— allowing Stiles to give Theo a piece of his mind. "Leave Pete alone. Leave everyone the hell alone."

Theo has a greedy expression splayed across his face and brushes Stiles off to face the angry Peter stomping back towards them. "I want her out of here, too. I have her scent."

Peter is nearly spitting. "What do you want?"

"What's the difference?" Theo scoffs at the loaded question. "I can find her. You can't."

Both boys are suddenly distracted by the rushing sound of hot steam coming from a vent at the top of the wall, and they follow the sound through a door that leads inside the mens' shower room, where there are at least six young men who are only wearing towels and who are instantly frightened by their appearance. They all crouch down nervously and huddle together, not knowing what is going on or what kind of Eichen worker wears plaid and cuffed jeans. Peter winces and averts his eyes to the floor immediately, Stiles grabbing his hand and dragging him out while profusely apologizing.