𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘 𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑. the one with the swearing

˚ ༘ ✶ ₊ ˚. ི CHAPTER 24
࿐ ᵗʰᵉ ᵒⁿᵉ ʷⁱᵗʰ ᵗʰᵉ ˢʷᵉᵃʳⁱⁿᵍ

  ࿐           ᵗʰᵉ ᵒⁿᵉ ʷⁱᵗʰ ᵗʰᵉ ˢʷᵉᵃʳⁱⁿᵍ

"IN 1832– NO, 1834... WHAT PAGE WAS IT ON?"

      Scott, Stiles, Peter, Lydia, and Liam are sitting at a table in the library in their large circle. If Peter wasn't so fixed on the American History textbook laying in front of him, he may be more involved in the actual conversation and getting page numbers and years confused.

     He didn't study. And he needs to study when it comes to History. Again, science and math were his strong suits, not knowing all 50 states and when WWI ended. For heaven's sake he was at war last night in Eichen, wasn't that reason to be exempt from this test, and perhaps every other test for the rest of the school year. Peter felt that would be really nice of the school.

Would a doctor write him a note saying he was prescribed to sleep for the next year straight? Maybe if he asked nicely, just maybe.

     "Mason said it's not just to transmit frequency. It's high-powered— like, it has to be a really strong signal." Unheard by Peter, Liam tries to connect the dots for himself.

     Lydia speaks next. She still wore bandages under her hair for the hole in her head, despite how exquisitely the mistletoe ailment had healed her. And being home alone was too much like Eichen, so she thought it best to come to school and help all she could. No matter how much Peter had begged her in the parking lot to take a much deserved mental health day. "And that's causing the Beast to shift?"

    Scott shakes his head. "No, I don't think it's just that. Last night, Argent said that it's getting smarter. What if the Dread Doctors are trying to make the Beast grow faster?"

       "With frequencies?"

     "No, by shifting. The frequency is just the trigger. The important part is when it shifts into the werewolf."

     Lydia follows his train of thought. "Like Peter."

     Peter lifts his head abruptly from his textbook at the sound of his name, "Huh?"

    Stiles pushes Peter's head back down towards the book without even skipping a beat or even looking over. "Hale. Read." He directs, knowing Peter will have a nervous breakdown if he doesn't finish that chapter by the end of free period. Boyfriend tips and tricks he's learned over the years? Never come between Peter Parker and a good grade.

      Scott continues, "When Peter was an Alpha, he got stronger every full moon. Eventually, the burns healed, and he was back to normal."

     Liam is resisting the urge to write all of this down somewhere he can come back to. "So, the Dread Doctors don't want to wait for the full moon."