Chapter 3

Ace's POV:
I was growing impatient, what's taking Lisa so long, it has literally been two hours .. that's it ! I'm going in .
Entering the building, it seemed oddly quiet, I began to worry.. "Lisa, Halisa!" I yelled out hoping she'll respond.
Multiple attempts but all in vain, suddenly I heard faint music coming from the top most floor, I hurried there, .. I couldn't believe my eyes .. lifelessly I found my little princess, struggling for her life, she had lost a lot of blood'. Hay hay hay baby girl, stay with me okay , I won't let anything happen to you I promise. I love you Ace was the last thing she said.
...........
No no no , this couldn't be happening, why Halisa , she's too innocent for all this, what has that bastard fuck done ! I'd legit kill him .
I was driving as fast as I could , for some odd reason, the hospital seemed so far .. if anything happens to my Lisa, I won't survive!
..

we arrived the hospital about two hours ago ,She was rushed into the emergency theatre, Mr and Mrs kings had arrived earlier..
I nervously walked in circles trying to reduce the tension I was feeling, what's taking those doctors so long !
Ace , Ace what happened to my baby girl, Mrs kings yelled while crying, this is very difficult for all of us , I've never seen Mr kings in so much pain , we shared agony while waiting on the doctors, finally a couple of nurses came out, 'what's wrong with our girl' Mrs kings questioned.. she's going for operation, don't worry just stay calm.. one of the nurses tried to assure.
Stay calm ? What's going on , what's wrong with my daughter! I demand answers! Mr kings yelled out of pure agony.
She lost the child but her life could still be saved, although it's a fifty percent chance tho .. we suspect she took way too many dose of mifepristone and what's worse is that she probably combined it with misoprostol .. but not to worry , our best surgeons would handle this .
I'm sorry nurse , what do you mean by 'lost the child', what child , and the fuck is "misoprostook" or what ever the hell you said ! I yelled out of frustration, somethings not adding up , Lisa is my best friend, she tells me everything.. and if there's anything I know , it's that she's still a virgin! This nurse is definitely mistaking .
Oh I'm sorry young man, science doesn't lie, we found mifepristone in her system and part of the fetus wasn't washed away by the drugs , as a mater of fact, we fear that it may cause her womb to rot ... look, we all wish we fully know our loved ones but sometimes we don't ... Excuse me please .

my whole world started spinning, what's happening? is this a dream? I was lost in my thoughts as Mr kings yelled out of frustration, I couldn't make sense of what he was saying but I knew he was talking to me.
Mrs kings had her head scarf now and she was offering salat to the Almighty, hours went by and so did our distress and tension , Mrs kings had phoned my mom as they are real close and she had arrived with my dad a couple hours ago , everyone was praying for Halisa , I never thought this day

would come but I also went on my knees to offer salat for my best friend, I fear greatly that we might loose her,No we can't loose her ! God, if you really exist, hear our cry! Save my best friend, save my sister! Save Halisa .
Suddenly the doctor came out ,He spat out the most relieving words "Relax guys, it was successful" you can all go in and see her . Oh my God, I felt very relieved, as though a heavy metal had been lifted from my heart.
Mr kings, can I speak to you in private? The doctor inquired ...
Oh my poor Halisa, she was still unconscious, she looked so peaceful , i soon forgot about all the tention and the emotional tiredness I had once felt.. soon enough Mr kings walked in, "Things are bad, Very Bad" he said while vigorously shaking his head in disbelief.
Ace, tell me you didn't know ? TELL ME YOU DIDN'T FREAKING KNOW! He yelled out to me , at this point I was overwhelmed with confusion, I'm sorry uncle, I don't understand.. know what ?
You can't tell me Halisa has been sleeping around and you didn't know ? The only reason we let her go out is if we are sure she's with you! Or are you responsible for the pregnancy?
Wha what ? Okay okay .. sir, with all due respect, how can you think such of me , Halisa is like my sister! What are you saying .. I'm as confused as you are , i mean ..
Bill, Billal.. hay hay that's enough, give the boy a break .. my father jumped in..They are both our children, don't forget' ..my father tried to reason with him .
I mean, I understand the man's pain , but he can't just go pointing fingers, we all love Halisa.What happened next was a surprise to us all .. Mr bilal kings broke down for the first time and cried! Like wow ,
darling, what did the doctor say, Mrs kings questioned with concern and worry for her daughter. Halisa's womb is depreciating, it's slowly getting rotten due to all the harsh drugs she took to abort the baby, the doctors fear that before the next two years, she might never be able to carry a child, her womb must have depreciated..I'm a bad father, what have I done Oh Almighty.. forgive our daughter as she has sinned beyond measures..

.........
Halisa's POV:
My both parents won't even look at me, it's been hell since I got discharged from the hospital, everyones acting coldly towards me .. do they honestly think I don't blame my self enough? I mean , I will never become a mother, that shits been ringing in my ears.. I am the only child of my parents and now this , I honestly feel their pain,I wish I could turn back time .. but sadly I can't, The Almighty knows best .
the worst part of all this is the fact that Ace wont even pick my calls, I've called him severally but he declined them all.. He is suppose to be my best friend! and friends don't ,I honestly need my best friend more than ever, I need my big bro by my side.. literally, the only person who's not so cold towards me is Mrs Sarah Atlantas, Ace's mother , she's really like my second mom, at times.
Halisa!, 'Halisa pearl kings!' My father yelled, when ever he uses my full name, I know he's dead ass serious. I hurried down to the living room where he was , only to find Ace's parents seated with mine..
There was an awkward silence, my father began speaking.. Halisa darling, we have come to the agreement that you need to get married as soon as possible and bear us an heir, And if you aren't clear on this' you are forbidden to speak about this to anyone! We are a very high status family and we cannot afford our name being dragged in the mud' and oh, you have zero say on who you will be wedding, as a matter of fact, you are banned from stepping out of this house, you will be home schooled till you finish high school. He said at one go'
What? Baba what are you saying? Marriage? Home school ? Sorry I don't understand.. I said with tears in my eyes, no matter how hard I try to fight back the tears, they just started pouring out, my heart was heavy, i couldn't believe all this was actually happening..
The wedding takes place in three days time, you are only allowed to invite five persons from amongst your friends..have I made my self clear?
Baba with all due respect, you can't force me to get married to someone I don't even know, it's not done anywhere! I hate all of this! I'm a person of my own ! I don't..
as i nagged and protested away, i felt a shard sting hit my cheeks ,It took me time to process that i had just been hit..by my father. My heart shattered as I was never expecting that.. Not until now, he had never laid a finger on me..
Shut up! he spat with rage and agony, haven't you done enough? When you were busy sleeping with every man that came your way, you didn't think of the outcome ? Halisa , where have I gone wrong in parenting, I gave you everything you've ever wanted .. He tried to hide his tears but they were still visible, I hate seeing my parents in this much pain , especially my Father.. I love him so dearly ..
'You are getting married to Ace! We all have decided!.

~
Short chapter, I know