Chapter 8

Ace POV:
There is no consummation of marriage for me and Nancy, well ... that's what I thought until she showed up here, begging me to fuck her.. I'm trying to make her understand that it's not done that way! It doesn't make sense Nancy!

Oh Ace, you can't tell me you don't want me, we are married now , why are you holding back!

Because you are with a Goddamn child Nancy! You are carrying my child, what if it affects the child?

Oh Ace it wouldn't. My cousin whom was pregnant once told me it's okay to still have sex after being pregnant, that's what people do Ace!

Well, crazy people though! I'm fed up with this conversation, you know what ? Suit your self, I'm going out!

Ace it's past twelve midnight, and your wedding night, the hell are you going to ?

I'm going to Kevins .. with that I left the room, she's a bit too much, I think it might be the pregnancy tho.
..........
I heard sounds of pots and pans from the kitchen, walking up there to find my mom, she was making tea,

Mom Salam.. err you're up so early or you haven't slept, which one

Walaikumusalam my child, your dad needed a cup of tea and I didn't want to wake the maids up, so here I am , making the tea

Okayyy ma, I'd be going out.. I said with a tooth grin

She gave a look that said "why the hell are you like this"

Come on mom, don't give me that look ... I'm not asking you, I'm telling you, don't worry about me , I'd be back by morning... I said while backing out of the kitchen.

Ace my child, wait!
I am fully aware you sleep around and you go to the strip club

Me? Where did you get that idea from ... I tried to deny while acting surprised

Oh don't lie to me, I've seen condom in you things multiple times .. right from when you were seventeen.. I just allowed you to have your fun,
But it's getting out of hand Ace, I fear you might fall into problems, please don't get another girl pregnant, please for my sake! For the sake of this family Ace, you already have Halisa and now Nancy! I wouldn't want another daughter in-law Ace .... She said with pleading eyes

Wow, I sighed while ruffling my hair , I hate seeing mom sad, ..honestly, I was on my way to the strip club right now and I would have most likely taking a fine wine to a hotel tonight ... but what mom said really holds weight, I don't know what to say..

What .. what about Halisa __I asked with hesitation

What about her? .. mom asked challengingly

Oh nothing.. just curious, where is she now,

Honestly Ace, I don't know, we all don't know, not even bilal.. she wouldn't tell anyone where she's at. But she told us she's fine and she's not in Australia.
Honestly my child .. you weren't fair to her, she has all right to stay away from you . I only fear Khaliya would really need her mom around.
Zarah and I would try our best to make her feel loved, she's at king's mansion for the night though, incase you were wondering.

Oh it's fine, but really I need some time out .. I promise not to go to the strip club, I'd just be within our estate thinking..
err pass me the lighter would ya

What do you need a lighter for ?

To lit my cigar mom! Don't act like you know know I smoke'

She sighed and handed me a lighter .

............

Halisa's POV:
It's been nine days since I moved to Miami, and my second day in school... the campus is humongous and large,I'm grateful I have Logan as my guide, he is in his second year studying accounting so he pretty much knows the whole campus, I also made a friend yesterday, zaytun..she's very beautiful and she's a hijabi, I've heard of them, young women who love their faith to the extent they cover their head, I always had stereotypes about them, extremists or uncivilized.. but zaytun, she's different, she's cool and very fashionable.. I have few family members whom are hijabis, but they are normally old, like grandma type of old, so it's a bit weird seeing someone as young as I am going through that path.. I'd love to learn more about the faith tho, probably later in life.
    "Halisa there you are, I've been looking all over for you"

Hi zaytun.. what's up, .... I said while giving her a hug

Just wanted for us to hang out, didn't see you in social physiology class today, i was just wondering..

   Oh, I came very late so I sat at the back, probably why you didn't see me .. hey let's go get lunch at McDonald's 

Sure, I'd just get my purse, err I think that guy is waving at you

Huh, what guy.. I turned to the direction she was pointing at to find Logan, he was smiling and waving his hands so high up in the air., I waved back and gave a small smile, he began walking towards our direction..

Hello ladies..he said, acknowledge zaytun and I

Hello Logan, I said while giving him a hug .. I'm just a natural huger lol .

Zaytun, this is Logan, my flat mate and of course my friend.. Logan this is zaytun ..the only friend I've managed to get ....I ended with a small laugh'

It's so nice to meet you dear, he said while kissing her hand, he's really a gentleman

Zaytun giggled and blushed, probably feeling so special, I mean who wouldn't.. Logan is really an attractive guy and what's best is how down to earth and humble he is.. most guys with his looks would probably be arrogant, he's different, I like different.   

Err Logan, we were headed to McDonald's, you can tag along

Nahh princess.. I'm suddenly feeling sushi, hay ladies..come over to mines and we could make sushi together, it'll be fun I tell ya'

Well , some of us can't make sushi... I said with an awkward laugh

Some of us have never even tasted sushi.. zaytun chipped in mimicking'

Whattt ladies!, well that's why uncle Logan's here ...he said with a proud grin

                          .............
It's been thirty minutes of Logan teaching zaytun and I on how to prepare sushi, I'd give him credit, he's a good teacher and not surprisingly a good chef '

So we cook for seven minutes more and it's done' any questions... he enquired as if so hosting a cooking class,
Zaytun and I laughed, it's funny how he is a better chef than I, I don't even know how to cook .. hay don't blame me, I've always had everything served on a silver platter.

We enjoyed our sushi with some lemonade we squeezed out earlier while watching Netflix,  it was one hell of a day .