aris

A long deserved shower.
All the dirt falls off me the minute I hit the water, and it all mixes down at my feet.

"Y/n, are you alright?" Newt calls from either of the showers beside me.

"Yeah." I say, my voice cracking a little.

"It's okay, you're gonna make Chuck proud." Newt says, ending the conversation as I begin to wash my hair.

I hope I make Chuck proud.
I promised I'd try .

I turn my shower off and step out the shower cubicle, wrapping a towel over me before anyone sees it, and I see a large table full of clothes, a small card saying my name.

I grab them and walk back into the shower and quickly get dressed before going and meeting everyone as they get tests done on them.

A doctor or whatever they actually are quickly rushes to me and begins to tend to me when she points out my red eyes .

"Are your eyes irritated or anything?" She questions, and I shake my head.

"I lost my little brother back in the maze, had to watch my best friend turn, and then watched him shoot my little brother." I say, not making eye contact with her, and she lets out a small noise.

"I'm so sorry." She says, and I laugh and wipe a tear from my cheek.

"It's alright, I don't have much of him to remember anyway."

I sit in the middle of Thomas and minho, glancing at all the other tables .

"There's so many girls." I gasp happily.

"We should be the happy ones." Frypan jokes, and I roll my eyes.

"See that one there, that's aris. He's been here the longest, three days. His maze was full of girls." One of the new boys was sitting with says, and I glance over at him and find myself intrigued.

"Why's he sitting alone then?" I question, and aris looks up at all of us.

"All his girls were taken to the safe haven."  The boy answers, and I nod .

"Chuck would've shit himself if he was here." I say laughing and frypan looks at me as he realises I said shit.

"What? We're not in the glade anymore, I can swear if I want." I say defensively, and he laughs.

And then the man who spoke to us earlier begins calling names i watch in confusion and a hint of hope sparkles in aris' eyes which I quickly catch on although we're basically two full tables away from each other .

Obviously, Thomas causes a scene as he always does, which leads us to be thrown in our room, which, for some reason, I share with all the boys.
I'm not gonna question it, but you know.

A small argument breaks out between Newt and Thomas, and I walk about the room trying to find something to take my mind off everything that's happened in the past twenty-four hours, but nothing catches my attention.

"Y/n, are you okay?" Minho asks, raising an eyebrow at me.

"Yeah." I say as I shake my head no .

"I just feel so guilty being here, I promised Chuck I'd get him out of there." I mumble quietly, not really knowing who hears but also not caring.

"Hey! You tried your best, okay?" Minho argues as he awkwardly hugs me, and I laugh and hug back, enjoying the comfort minho brings.

Everyone's asleep by now, but I still sit wide away just listening to the creaks of the vents until I hear Thomas get up out of bed and I watch as he slides onto the floor .