Misc Oneshots Pt 2

Anonymous Said
Author/Platform:
AO3 by alivingfire
Words: 21,158

Smut: No
Synopsis: When Harry was sixteen, he reached out for someone, anyone, to help him through the hardest days of his life. When Louis was eighteen, he answered. While they didn't know each other's names or faces or lives at all, really, it didn't stop them from falling a little bit in love.
And when Harry moves to Manchester for uni two years later, he meets a boy in a bookshop named Louis and wonders why it all feels so easy.

Or: two boys, two blogs, two years of anonymous messages, and a bookshop where it all comes together.

My rating: 8/10

🌺🌺🌺

Play the Odds
Author/Platform:
AO3 by alivingfire
Words: 25,963

Smut: Yes
Synopsis: Harry and Louis are best friends since childhood who, after a night of drinking, find themselves locked in a bet: first one to kiss the other a thousand times wins. Wins what? They don't know. Glory, Harry supposes. Bragging rights, though those don't do much in this economy. All Harry knows is that this is one bet he can finally win. What he doesn't expect, though, is what happens when he starts kissing his best friend on a daily basis.

Namely, he doesn't expect falling head over heels in love with his best friend.

Now all he has to do is make sure the bet never ends, so he never has to stop kissing Louis.

My rating: 9/10

🌺🌺🌺

(we will be) as if chosen
Author/Platform:
AO3 by alivingfire
Words: 35,591

Smut: Yes
Synopsis: There's not a royal in the world who doesn't carry some sort of secret, and Prince Louis has more than his fair share. To protect himself and his family, Louis withdrew from the public eye and tried to live a quiet life, biding his time until his sister Lottie could take the throne in his stead. Unfortunately for him, the national media and the worst person Louis has ever met team up to bring him kicking and screaming back into the spotlight.
Under the watchful eyes of millions, Louis has to figure out how to keep his carefully constructed house of cards from falling, and the first step to accomplishing that is to keep from falling in love with the irritatingly charming Prince Harry, who just won't stop showing up and trying to whisk Louis out of the constraints of his boring life.

Or: the course of true love never did run smooth, because sometimes people are stubborn and sometimes people are scared and sometimes, just sometimes, love can cause just as many problems as it solves.

My rating: 8/10

🌺🌺🌺

led by your beating heart
Author/Platform:
AO3 by missandrogyny
Words: 33,563

Smut: Yes
Synopsis: AU where Harry's in One Direction, Louis isn't, and they reconnect over a game of 'Call or Delete'.

My rating: 9/10

🌺🌺🌺

Sweater Paws
Author/Platform:
AO3 by hattalove
Words: 6,585

Smut: No
Synopsis: In retrospect, Louis should have grabbed the yarn and run.

Also known as the classic tale of Louis's struggle with a hippie boyfriend, a ginger cat, and a lot of wool.

My rating: 8.5/10

🌺🌺🌺

The Meeting Place
Author/Platform:
AO3 by velvetoscar
Words: 15,352

Smut: No
Synopsis: Bakery working, university attending, empty pocketed Harry Styles loves words, quotes, and wooing the beautiful boy who hates blueberry muffins. Because falling in love is very easy when one is falling in love with Louis Tomlinson.

My rating: 8/10

🌺🌺🌺

Do You Realize
Author/Platform:
AO3 by velvetoscar
Words: 20,258

Smut: No
Synopsis: Harry really didn't expect to be swept up in snowflakes and eyelashes and coy smiles when he'd agreed to go on a skiing holiday with his lads. Nor was he expecting to cherish the sound of someone's voice over his own thoughts, marveling about the way it crackled against the burning embers in the fireplace. And he really, really wasn't expecting for his peaceful life to be turned on its head, all because of a bloody snowboard.

But, then again, he also never expected that he could fall in love in less than two weeks, so. So maybe life isn't what Harry expected.

My rating: 10/10

Please read this. Thanks.

🌺🌺🌺

let me make a thing of cream and stars
Author/Platform:
AO3 by missandrogyny
Words: 24,914

Smut: Yes
Synopsis: It doesn't explain why he's lying on the floor, with Harry Styles, of all people, planking on top of him.

As in, seventeenth most influential person in London, pop-star-turned-rock-star Harry Styles. The same Harry Styles who has had countless model girlfriends, left, right and centre. Also the same Harry Styles who has been the subject of Louis' wet dreams since he was about eighteen.

(Or: Louis is a Radio 1 DJ and Harry is a pop-star he interviews.)

My rating: 9/10

🌺🌺🌺