Misc Oneshots Pt 4

reeling through the midnight streets
Author/Platform:
AO3 by vashtaneradas
Words: 7,796

Smut: No
Synopsis: au; louis can't sleep. neither can the boy on the bridge. the water's a nice place to meet.

My rating: 8.5/10

🌺🌺🌺

After Hours
Author/Platform:
AO3 by Velvetoscar
Words: 26,799

Smut: No
Synopsis: Harry Styles and Louis Tomlinson are the bane of each other's existences. Unfortunately, they're already in love--even if they aren't completely aware of this minor detail.

[A "You've Got Mail" AU]

My rating: 8/10

🌺🌺🌺

For Reasons Wretched and Divine
Author/Platform:
AO3 by panicmoonwalk
Words: 19,055

Smut: A bit
Synopsis: Niall's head was sitting in the fireplace, wide grin lighting up his features as flames licked the bright tips of his hair. Louis promptly dropped his tray at the sight.

"Bloody hell!" He yelled, half at the sudden appearance of Niall in the fire and half at the scalding cocoa he'd just dropped on his bare foot. "What are you doing?!"

Niall just continued to grin, clearly highly amused by Louis hopping on one foot and desperately trying to search for a weapon he could use to beat his friend's head out of the fireplace.

"Well," Niall began. "We're going on an adventure!"

Or, the one where Louis and Harry's Christmas holiday at Hogwarts is rudely interrupted when they're dragged off on a tropical wizard's vacation, featuring some angry centaurs, a spell gone wrong, and the 'weirdest birthday anyone's ever had. Ever'.

My rating: 7.5/10

🌺🌺🌺

The Section
Author/Platform:
AO3 by bananaheaten
Words: 11,144

Smut: Yes
Synopsis: In which Louis is a TA for an Intro to Cinema course, and Harry is an undergrad with a bit of a crush.

Or, the one with "Name: Harry Styles, Date: me please"

As usual, it's the Irish one he hears first.

"Keep up, Styles. It's YOUR boyfriend we're off to see."

"He'll have heard that, Niall, you arse. Thank you so much."

Louis just has time to text Zayn: fuck.

My rating: 9/10

🌺🌺🌺

A Love That Feels This Right
Author/Platform:
AO3 by DontLetHimGo
Words: 13,692

Smut: Yes
Synopsis: As always, the classic high-school rumour mill is never completely reliable. Sure, there are those stories that fly around that turn out to be true—like the one about Niall getting with a model at a party a few months ago (which Louis still struggles to believe)—but this 'rumour' has so many versions, and none of them are actually right.

The Sixth Form AU where Louis is the footie team captain, Harry is head boy, and no one at school has any idea that the two of them are in love.

My rating: 9/10

🌺🌺🌺

kiss me like it's christmas, hold on 'till we're breathless
Author/Platform:
AO3 by itjustkindahappened
Words: 2,573

Smut: No
Synopsis: Louis is broke and in desperate need of a coat, Harry is a rich kid who catches him shoplifting and they accidently go on a date.

My rating: 8.5/10

🌺🌺🌺

Everybody Wants You (And I Don't Mond The Gold Rush)
Author/Platform:
AO3 by sunflouwerhabit
Words: 5,310

Smut: No
Synopsis: "Nick snorts. 'You know, Lou, you can't just give every pretty boy that walks in here an employee discount.'

'Okay, true, but that's not a boy. That's an angel.'

'You're already planning your wedding, aren't you?'

'... Wedding planning was five minutes ago. I'm on our tenth anniversary now.'"

OR: The one where Louis is just trying to survive a ten hour shift at the ice rink and- maybe, probably, definitely- meets the love of his life in the process.

My rating: 9.5/10

🌺🌺🌺

Oh Glory
Author/Platform:
AO3 by alivingfire
Words: 21,027

Smut: Yes
Synopsis: Tomlinson looks Liam over, tilting his head. "Are you a swimmer as well?"

"Yeah," Liam says, a little cautiously. Harry wonders if it's Tomlinson's fame or the unimpressed eyebrow that's making Liam wary. "Distance, I'm doing the 1500m. Harry here's a sprinter."

"Ah," says Tomlinson, turning his glinting eyes back to Harry. "So you're not an endurance man." A beat passes, and his grin grows, wide and filthy. "Shame."

Harry Styles is Team Great Britain's newest swimmer, and has spent his whole life training for this moment, a chance at the gold medal in the Rio 2016 Olympics. All his training, hard work, and dedication to no distractions is tested when he's assigned to the same Rio apartment as Louis Tomlinson, British gymnast and Harry's childhood crush.

My rating: 7.5/10

🌺🌺🌺