The Sacrifice

In the parlor of the Salvatore boarding house, Bonnie speaks to Stefan, Salem, Jeremy, and Damon about their plan. "I might be able to lower the tomb spell long enough for you to get in there and grab the moonstone from Katherine," Bonnie explained.

                   Salem stood by the fireplace, "How? It took both you and Grams last time, even with using me as a conduit, and look what happened to her," she asked.

                    "I'm well aware of what happened. I've learned a few new things," Bonnie explained, causing Salem to raise an eyebrow.

                    "Bonnie...," she said, but her girlfriend deflected her concern and looked over at Stefan.

                    "How will you get it?" Bonnie asked.

                    "She hasn't been feeding. She's weaker. We're not," Stefan explained. Damon raises a glass of blood toward Bonnie.

                   "You wouldn't be underestimating her, would you?" she asked.

                   Damon scuffed, "It's a plan. Is it perfect? What plan is?" he asked.

                    "Let me do it. I've got my ring. I can get in, get out, no spells necessary," Jeremy explained. Jeremy is a cute young man with a lean body. He has dark brown hair and eyes to match.

                    "Gee, thanks, you 16-year-old child. Why didn't we think about that? Why are you even here?" Damon asked sarcastically.

                    "Maybe I can help better the plan. Do you have anything that belongs to Katherine?" Bonnie asked. Damon gives Stefan a significant look. Stefan walks out of the parlor. A few minutes pass then Stefan re-enters the room with a picture of Katherine in his hands.

                    "This belonged to Katherine. Found it with her things after I thought she was dead, but it was hers," he explained. Stefan holds out the portrait of Katherine, and Bonnie takes it. She places the portrait in a ceramic bowl. Bonnie dips her fingers in a glass of water and lets the water droplets drip from her fingertips into the bowl. Flames sprout from the bowl. She shuts her eyes and begins to chant a spell in Latin. Salem couldn't help but always watch Bonnie in utter amazement when she did magic.

                    "What will this do?" Damon asked. Bonnie opens her eyes, watching the picture burn.

                    "I can turn the material into ash. Blow the ashes on her, and it'll incapacitate her for a minute or two. Long enough for you to get the stone and get out," she explained. Suddenly, Bonnie's nose starts to bleed. Bonnie raises her hand to her nose and wipes it away. Salem is at her side instantly, but Bonnie gives her a look to be quiet. Salem sighs and strokes her witches cheek going completely unnoticed by everyone else. They were too worried about Elena to notice.

                    A few hours had passed since Damon and Stefan had left to get the supplies they needed. Salem stayed by her girlfriend's side, keeping a close eye on her. Salem cared for Elena, but Bonnie would always come first, even if it meant Elena had to die. Bonnie pours the ashes from the bowl onto an end table. Stefan and Damon re-enter the room with supplies for the excursion.

                    "Still gotta get the torches," Stefan said.

                    "Alaric's stake gun is in my trunk. Bonnie?" Damon asked.