Crying Wolf Part Two

Ai art made by me on Bing app.

                    Tyler stood by Brady's trailer in the woods, looking down at the texts he exchanged with Elena via Caroline's phone. He looks up at Brady, "She's going to Dunham Lake. Her family has a house up there," he explained.

                    "Nice. Let's go get our doppelgänger," Brady said, then walked away, and Tyler reluctantly followed like some puppy. Not long after they had left, Liv appeared, and her nostrils flared.

                    A deep growl emits from her chest, "Tyler," she spat, then disappeared in the blink of an eye.

                    At Dunham Lake, a Porsche pulls up to a lake house. On the passenger side, Elena stares up at the home and sighs. Stefan looked at her with concern, "You all, right?" he asked.

                    Elena gave him a small smile, "I'm good. I just haven't been back here since before...," she said, but Stefan interrupted her when he realized what she meant.

                    "Oh, my god," he said while turning to fully face Elena, slinging his arm over the back of her seat. "Elena, listen, just say the word, all right? We'll get back on that highway. We'll go anywhere else," Stefan offered.

                    Elena smiles at Stefan, "I've always loved it here. I want it to stay that way. I was just...having a moment," she explained.

                    Stefan was hesitant to believe her, "Okay," he said, then squeezed her shoulder gently. They both get out of the car and go up to the house. Elena unlocks the front door and walks in. She looks around nostalgically and walks further into the house as Stefan comes up onto the porch behind her. He stands awkwardly at the front door as Elena places her bags on a counter and looks at him.

                    "You don't have to wait out there. I'm all good," she explained.

                    He gives her a sheepish look, "Oh, that's great because I'm, uh... I'm stuck," Stefan admitted.

                    Elena's eyes widened in surprise, "Oh, my god. You can't get in," she said.

                    Stefan smiles, "Not gonna be a very romantic weekend unless you, uh, invite me inside," he pointed out.

                    Elena's face turns solemn, "Stefan, I can't," she said.

                    He looks at her in confusion, "What?" Stefan asked.

                   "My parent's left this place to John Gilbert. He's the only one who can invite you in. I'm sorry. I--I completely forgot," she explained.

                    "You're kidding me, right?" he asked in surprise. Elena looks at him seriously for a moment but finally cracks a smile.

                    "Stefan Salvatore, I hereby invite you into this home," she said.

                    Stefan gives her a playful glare, "You are such a liar," he says while entering the house and picking Elena up, causing her to giggle.

                    "Hey, hey!" she laughed, then kissed him while wrapping her legs around his waist. Stefan carries her over to the counter and slides his left hand down the right side of her body. They continue to kiss passionately as Stefan sits Elena down on the counter. He continued to run his hands up and down Elena's curves.