The House Guest

Must have 10 comments and 20 votes for another chapter. Ai art made by me on Bing app.

                    Damon and Stefan carry Liv's body down into the cellar and lay her in a circle of Goofer dust. Elena stood a few feet away, looking down at Liv's cell phone in her hand. The phone screen keeps lighting up with the name Little Sunshine as it rings. Elena was positive it was Caroline who was calling so frantically. Stefan wraps his arm around her, "If she finds out what we did.... Caroline will never forgive me," Elena pointed out in a sad tone.

                    "It's not like Jersey Devil here can die from a little wood," Damon said sarcastically. He kneeled down and searched through an unconscious Elijah's jacket, which lay only a few feet from Liv. "Ahh! What do we have here?" he said with a smirk while pulling out the moonstone from Elijah's inner pocket. "A little moonstone bar of soap. I'll hold on to this," Damon said while putting the stone in his pocket.

                    "So, that's it......As long as we keep the dagger in there, he stays dead, and Liv remains trapped?" Elena asked.

                    "Pretty mu...," Damon was saying but stopped at the smell of burning wood.

                    Stefan's eyes widened in disbelief, "Is that?" he asked as Damon moved to Liv and kneeled. His eyes are instantly filled with shock at the sight of the wooden chair leg slowly burning from the inside out.

                     "...Yeah... we should go," Damon said while quickly standing up and rushing out of the cell.

                    Stefan closes the cell door and locks it, "...Good night," Elena says, then starts to walk out but suddenly turns around. Damon and Stefan look at her, "You know, you guys want me to fight, fine, I'll fight. But if we're gonna do this, you can't keep anything from me anymore. From this moment on, we're doing it my way," she demanded.

                    "That seems fair," Damon said.

                    Elena looks at Stefan, "... okay," he agreed.

                    "Good...," she said, then walked out of the basement.

                    An hour later, Damon entered his bedroom and heard the shower running. "Andie? I thought you left," he called out, then walked into the bathroom, but it wasn't Andie in the shower. The curtain is suddenly pulled back, revealing Katherine, who walks out and stands in front of him, completely naked.

                    Damon looks at her, utterly shocked, "Hello, Damon. Hey, do you have a robe?" she asked.

                    "How did you get out?" he asked.

                    Katherine smirks, "I knew that if I begged you not to kill Elijah and Liv, that's exactly what you'd do. Little known fact...Originals can compel vampires. But as soon as they die, the compulsion wears off," she explained.

                    "...And you knew," Damon said in disbelief.

                    "I was engaged to one, so of course, my fiancée would tell me things about her family, but what's important is that I'm still here. I didn't run. I meant what I said, Damon. I'm going to help you, but once this is over, I'm leaving with Liv," Katherine said the last part in a deathly serious tone as her eyes sclera slowly turned red and her irises jet black like the veins beneath her eyes.

                    At the Forbes household, Caroline is frantically pacing while she calls Liv's phone again, but it goes straight to voicemail. Tears fill the blonde's eyes, "Liv, please pick up...I wasn't myself that night. Your brother compelled me to refuse you...p..please...I love you," she admitted with a shaky breath as a single tear ran down her cheek. Outside the house, lighting cracks and wind rages as the full moon above bleeds for the star-crossed lovers. Why does fate do that? Bring together soulmates only to tear them apart? A gust of wind suddenly blows into Caroline's room from the open window. The wind caught her tear as it fell towards the ground, carrying it out the window. Unbelievably powerful gusts of wind rush through Mystic Falls, bending trees as they pass. The air moves as if it has a mind of its own. It reaches the Salvatore residence, slips through a cracked window, and falls down into the basement. The wind lightly brushes Liv's hair to the side, allowing the tear to land on her cheek. "I love you," was whispered into Liv's ear, sounding like Caroline. Her eyes suddenly snapped open, revealing the blackest obese. Blue flame engulfed their entire body, turning their clothes and the wooden chair leg in their back into ash. Liv slowly stood as smoke rose from her wound while it healed. Her once smooth pale skin now looked like a black volcanic rock with veins of molten lava running through it. Liv's eyes slowly run over the circle of Goofer dust surrounding her. She reaches out, running the tip of her fingers against the magical barrier slowly burning through it.