The Dinner Party

Must have 10 comments and 20 votes for another chapter.

                    Elena is sitting on the sofa at the lake house, reading one of Johnathan Gilbert's journals. She flips to the next page of the journal and reads it with interest. Elena looks up from the journal with a shocked expression. She looks out the window at Stefan, who is on the dock. He skips stones across the lake. Stefan's phone rings, and he answers it. "What's going on?" he asked.

                    "Well, I showered. I shaved. Had breakfast. Very relaxed," Damon joked through the phone.

                    "That makes one of us," Stefan grumbled.

                    "I did hear one piece of good news, though. Tyler Lockwood ran away from home last night," Damon explained.

                    "How do you know?" Stefan asked.

                    "Well, I heard it from Sheriff Forbes, who heard it from a very distraught Carol Lockwood, thus ending our werewolf chapter, bringing us to...," Damon explained but was interrupted.

                    "...killing Elijah and Liv," Stefan said.

                    "Exactly," Damon said.

                    "Well, it's not going to be easy. They're crafty," Stefan pointed out.

                    "Well, I've got a crafty little dagger," Damon said in a cocky tone.

                    "They are both Originals, and Liv is a hybrid. We don't know what all that encompasses," Stefan explained.

                    Damon sighed, "Oh, trust me, Stefan. I'm gonna dot all my t's. I don't want any surprises," he promised.

                    "Wow, Damon, tell me you're actually gonna be careful for once?" Stefan asked in a sarcastic tone.

                    Damon rolled his eyes, "Yes, Stefan, I've become you. How tragic for both of us. Got to run. I've got a murder to plan. Busy day," he said in annoyance, then hung up. Stefan lowers his phone and looks at Elena through the window. He walks back up to the house.

                   Elijah walks into the house he shared with his sister to take her to meet Jenna for a tour of the historical sites in Mystic Falls. His movements stopped when he found several dead female blondes lying on the floor. Worry filled his eyes, and he zoomed up the stairs and down the hall past even more bodies. Elijah pushed his sister's bedroom door open, finding it pitch black within. The smell of blood and liquor-filled his nose. He flipped the switch on the wall, causing the room to light up, revealing a horrific scene of burned, dismembered bodies. Elijah's eyes run over the scene before him until they land on Liv sitting on the floor in one of the room's corners. Her head hung low as several empty bottles of Scotch lay around her. Elijah remained on guard as he slowly stepped into the room and towards his sister. He knew by the carnage around him that Liv turned off her humanity. This put everyone in danger, including Elijah. Liv's beast within didn't care if they were siblings. It would burn him for the fun of it. Unlike the rest of his siblings, Elijah had only seen Liv turn her humanity off once before. It was in 1864 when she found out Katerina was fucking the Salvatore brothers instead of looking for her. Thankfully, the war covered up her massacres back then. ".... Sister?" he called out. Liv barely lifts her head, revealing cold, unemotional, glowing reddish-orange irises. She tilts her head a bit in confusion as if she doesn't recognize him.