Chapter 5

As you were passing by the living room at your home, you saw your father preparing some stuff for his work, actually, briefcase with his quinque.

"(First name), you wont go to school tomorrow. The whole ward will be evacuated."Your dad told you.
"Why?"
"We are attacking ghoul base"

When you think about it, it just meant more time with Ayato, but he sai-.. WHAT?

"Dad, who are you attacking?"
"Aogiri base"

Is Ayato a member of that group? There is no way. He can't be. He is too kind to be there.

"Why are you asking? You usually don't want to talk about CCG?"
"Just asking"

Damn this. You have got to warn Ayato. You knew that your father killed some of the ghouls that a lot of them couldn't.

"I'm back in 10 minutes"

You ran as fast as you could. You had to find him. Alley, nothing. Another alley, nothing. Everywhere, nothing. He dissapeared. Fantastic. Your father vs Ayato.

Tomorrow, you got out of you bed early since you couldn't sleep at all. Your father has already left, you and your mother could just wait for him to come back. You wanted to warn Ayato, but since he told you this could be a goodbye, he have probably already known about the attack. You didn't want Ayato and your father to face each other, but that could easily happen. You didn't know how to feel about all this things. He was probably a member of that organization and seeing him was like working behind your fathers back. But you didn't want to betray him. You wanted to know him a bit more.

"I'm home" it was evening and your father has just entered the house. Your mom and you ran towards the door.
"Are you ok? Are you injured? Has something happened?" Your mom was panicking a little
"No, no, everything is fine?"
"Did you kill any ghouls?" You asked and your father just stared at you a little confused
"No, we were fighting but they suddenly withdrew. It is rare for you to ask questions like this, is something wrong?"
"No, no, no! Everything is fine, just.. Curious" you hugged him and went back to your room.

You quickly shut the door and threw yourself on bed. That was a relief. But still, other CCG members could have killed him. With that thought you quickly ran out and made your way to the alley where you met him the last time.

He wasn't there.
Nor tomorrow.
He didn't come for a week.
Was that really goodbye?