72| a horror shorts

"Well, that was scary- but scarily good." Freida remarked, stretching out her limbs as the horror movie, 'Insidious' had just finished, the credits currently running. "Indeed, but it needed to be scarier, in my opinion." I stated, as her head snapped towards my direction in an abnormal way.

"Are you insane or is it your nature?" She asked, looking at me as if I said that I worked with mafias and guts people for a living. "Considering that I fell down the stairs and started to sing my alphabet right after...maybe?"

She sighed and shook her head in disbelief, but it was true, and she was there when it happened, clutching her stomach from all the laughter that spilled from her absurdly loud mouth.

Standing up, I looked at her figure that was ready to drift into dreamland. "Let's go to bed, I'm tired." I suggested and she nodded, yawning as she stood up, following me to the bedroom that we both shared whenever she stayed over; nights just like these.

As soon as our heads hit the soft pillow, we were out like newborns.

"Lana, wake up- Lana," A voice whispered, waking me from my peaceful slumber. "What is it?" I groggily asked, rubbing my eyes to see the sight in front of me become clear from the once blurry image.

"There's something out there." Freida whispered; her scared expression came into my vision as she pulled the covers closer to her face. Suddenly a knock on the door was heard, a very distinct, loud one.

Last time I remembered, we locked all the windows and doors before sitting to watch the movie. 'BANG, BANG!' The banging on the door was heard again, this time, it followed again and again until we couldn't even hear any of the ear-splitting screams that erupted from our throats.

I felt trapped, the noise seemed to be coming from everywhere. It felt as if there was no escape, there was no way to stop it- I felt overwhelmed. I wanted it to stop, I wanted it to go away.

Tears flowed like a river, as I clung onto my best friend, her face wet like mine, our bodies trembling in fear as the noises got louder and louder...and then, there it was, a silence that was too eerie, too good to be true. Our ragged breaths could be heard, that's how silent it was as we paused, listening- waiting. Thinking that was all, oh boy, we were dead wrong.

It was just the starting of the storm, one we weren't prepared for.