𝐌𝐢𝐬𝐬𝐢𝐨𝐧

𝐇𝐎𝐖 did things get like this?  Bakugou wondered as he walked through door of the abandoned warehouse. The windows were shattered, and he could smell the gunpowder and blood from outside.

It was just supposed to be a simple covert mission. After the L.O.V was taken down and All for One's death, there was peace. But it wasn't long until other groups followed after. Most of them were copycats, and never did enough damage to pose a real threat, until the Mazoku.

They are a terrorist group, following in the footsteps of All for one, and now that he's dead, they want to use all the quirks he gave to his followers to take over the world. The ones who didn't follow in AFO's footsteps after he passed were hunted down and killed the quirks AFO originally gave to them now being stolen. Or in the Mazoku's eyes, returned.

The hero commission has multiple heroes working to capture as many men in the Mazoku as they can. Unfortunately, there's hundreds of them, and they work in various parts of Japan.

Bakugou's job was to infiltrate just one of their bigger groups and he had managed to do that successfully, even befriending one of the eldest members. He never expected things to go this badly.

His eyes scanned the area, looking at all the dead men and women, past members of the group. One of the men, a man he recognized as his friend, waved his hand feebly. He was the only one alive.

Bakugou rushed over to him, kneeling by his side. The older man was badly injured, with multiple bruises, and was bleeding from his nose, and from a rather large gash on his side. He had a hand on it to slow down the bleeding, but it didn't look too good.

Bakugou helped the older man sit up, causing him to groan out in pain. "What the hell happened, Johnathan?"

"It's a long story. Do you have a light? I just want one more smoke before I go." He asked, pulling out a cigarette from his back pocket, and slowly raising it to his lips.

"What do you mean? You're not going to die." Bakugou said, his voice full of desperation and fear.

Johnathan laughed in response, well, he laughed a little, before he started coughing and wheezing, blood now falling from his lips. "Kid, I've lost a shit ton of blood. It's a miracle- that I can talk at all."

Reluctantly, Bakugou raised his hand to his face, letting small sparks emit from it and light his cigarette. Johnathan thanked him and took a deep drag.

"You still hadn't told me what happened. Who did this? Was it-"

"I did it." Johnathan confessed, without even blinking. There was no remorse, and no regret. Bakugou was shocked. Not that he thought they didn't deserve it. He knew they did. But Johnathan was one of the longest members. Why would he betray them? "Why?"

"The same reason you're here. I had a job to do, so I did it. And now, I have one for you." He shakily reached from his pocket, handing him a slip of paper.

"Go to this address. There's a spare key under the mat you can use, and in the closet of the master bedroom, you'll have everything you need to find the woman with the quirk we've been looking for." He sped up his words, beginning to gasp for air, coughing and choking. He was running out of time.

He leaned against Bakugou, losing his balance, holding on to him by his shirt. "They know who she is now, they'll be coming for her. So you protect her with your life. And she'll be stubborn and not want to listen, but you keep her safe. Please, do it for me, kid. Please."

His breathing began to slow, and his eyes fluttered, his body going still. Bakugou called out to him, but it was too late. He's dead.

Bakugou laid him on the floor, closing his eyes. Johnathan was better than all these evil bastards. He knew that. But now he knows why. All this time, he had the answer, and he was protecting that woman. Now Bakugou just had to find out who she was.

--

After putting the address into his GPS, he drove over to find a house, which he assumed to be Johnathan's. Grabbing the key under the mat, he unlocked it, and went inside. He looked around a bit at the kitchen, looking through two empty bedrooms, before going to the main one.

In the closet, there was a basket with a faded pink blanket inside, and a box beside it. In the box were two photo albums. One of Johnathan when he was younger with a boy and a woman who he assumed to be his wife, raising a son and working as a police officer in America. The album ended with his son joining the police force and getting married. Bakugou wondered what happened. Had his son just grown up? Or did something else happen? Why did Johnathan move here?

The second one was more recent, and his wife and son were never in it. Rather some other children. One girl and one boy.

The girl was older than the boy, and there were pictures of her and her achievements. Learning different martial art classes and winning her matches, and headlines of her Highschool soccer team winning districts glued in. The boy had pictures too, of his drawings and him winning an art competition. But this album stopped when the girl was barely an adult, and the boy was barely a pre teen.

Huh. Bakugou never pegged Johnathan as the sentimental type. He continued through the box, pulling out an opened envelope with a letter inside.

"Johnathan, I know you and I have had our moments, but you're the only person I could trust. Her mother is dead, and I will be by the time you get this letter. My job is done. I gave my daughter the quirk that All for One gave me. He will and many others will probably want it back. Don't let them take it, and keep her abilities secret from her. If she doesn't know of her quirk, she can't activate it. I just want my daughter to have a normal, loving life, not one full of bloodshed and violence, like mine. You're a good father, and this is your second chance. So please, care for her, raise her to be the wonderful woman I know she will become.

Thank you, old friend

p.s: Her name is ______"

---

A/N: Okay yeah this chapter is a lot of information probably seems confusing ash so here's a summary if you didn't get it all.

Reader's Dad was given AFO's quirk to exact revenge, and when her dad died, he gave it to her and had her taken care of by Johnathan who is an ex cop/hitman.

Johnathan's family was murdered which is why he moved from America to Japan.  In order to protect mc, he joined the Mazoku, so he could know if they were on his trail. He raised mc and her brother. And for reasons that will be explained, he left her when she turned 18.

Bakugou went undercover and joined Johnathan's group in the Mazoku and they became friends. But then the Mazoku found out the truth about him and reader, so he killed them, but got mortally injured. He know Bakugou was undercover, and it was his dying wish for Bakugou to protect reader.

Thanks for reading!

Comment & Vote 😱😱😱