𝐒𝐚𝐟𝐞 & 𝐒𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐝

"𝐖𝐄'𝐑𝐄 here." Bakugou said, shaking your shoulder softly and waking you. Exhausted from the long traumatic night you just experienced, you wound up falling asleep in the car.

By the time you got there, it was early in the morning. You looked at the building that loomed above in the early morning sky, impressed by it's size. HSC CORPS the sign in front listed in plain white letters. "What is this place?"

"The Hero Public Safety Commission uses this to temporarily hold those in mortal danger involving heroes and villains. Normally, there's around ten to twelve people staying here, but your case is so hot right now that we can't risk for anyone seeing us." He explained.

He walked up to the front doors, putting in a five digit code into a pad, and then looking up to the camera on the left. After a moment, there was a buzzing sound, and the doors unlocked.

You entered the building and followed him through the empty lobby, up to a elevator. He put in another code into another pad, going through the same procedure as once before.

"How many codes are there?" You remarked, half joking, half impatient. The Prohero gave you a look, unamused. It seemed like he wasn't in the mood for jokes right now. "There's three. One for the outside door, one for the elevator, and one for the rooms."

You both stood in the elevator in silence, just the cheesy bossa nova music playing to keep you company. After a few painfully long moments, the elevator dinged and the doors opened to the next floor.

He led you down the hall, stopping when he reached the room, and entering a final passcode before stepping inside. Inside is not  just a room...it's a whole apartment, twice the size of where you currently live with your brother.

There's a living room with a couch and a tv, two bedrooms, a kitchen area, and a bathroom. This place was nice, and you doubt you'd be able to afford it if you actually had to pay.

"For security reasons, we're sharing this space. Your bedroom is there, mine is over here. I'm gonna get some rest. You should too. If you need anything, just knock." He told you, going to the bedroom at the opposite side of the apartment.

You went to your room, collapsing on the big king sized bed, groaning into the pillows. You've had a long day, and an even shittier night.

You tucked yourself under the covers, and despite being completely exhausted, you couldn't sleep. Your mind was going crazy, thinking over everything just happened. Your newfound quirk, your pro hero body guard and apparent roommate, and all this shit with this whole terrorist group, and these men chasing you down.

But that's not the worst part. The worst part is what you don't know. Like with your father. Had he known all along? Was that why he left? Was he just protecting you, all this time?

You felt your stomach churn at the thoughts, and you didn't want to think anymore. You just wanted to sleep.

So, after some more tossing and turning, you grabbed your blanket and pillow walked out to the living room and turned on the tv at a low volume. It was something you did ever since you were little when you couldn't sleep.

When you were little, you always had the comfort in knowing your father was there, asleep on the couch with the tv turned on low. You'd wake him when you burrowed into his side, snuggling up against him, and he'd always ask the same thing. "Shouldn't you be asleep?"

And you would always tell him that you couldn't sleep, and he'd sigh and wrap an arm around you, pulling you even closer to him, stroking your hair softly as you dozed off.

A part of you still clings to those memories, despite how bitter they are now after he abandoned you. You still felt safe, lying on the couch, holding your blankets close to you and listening to the muffled conversation on the tv, letting it lull you to sleep, just like it did when you were a little girl.

--

With a long sigh, Bakugou rubbed the sleep from his eyes, sitting on the side of his bed. That was the first good night's sleep he's gotten in a long time. This mission has really been fucking with his head.

Especially after last night, and now Kirishima's involved in this shit too, but he had no other choice. He's the only one Bakugou can trust, and do something like this with little to no questions asked.

("Is she for this mission you've been dealing with?" He asked, the moment he got to the hospital and met you.  Bakugou nodded. "The Commission will fill you in on what you need to know."

"But man, I gotta ask. Are you going to be living with her? Because she's- she's something else. I mean, she's perf-"

"Christ, Kirishima, she's my assignment. That's all. Get your shitty head out of the gutter for once in your god damn life.")

In all seriousness, Kirishima did help him when he desperately needed it, which he really appreciated, even if he didn't show it.

Bakugou wandered out to living room, noticing the light of the afternoon sun peaking through the blinds. To his surprise, he found you passed out on the couch with the tv playing quietly. You must've been unable to sleep.

Carefully, he grabbed the remote from the table, turning the tv off. He glanced back over his shoulder at you, who was resting peacefully, your eyes screwed shut, soft breaths leaving your slightly parted lips.

It wasn't surprising that you would be knocked out like this. You just went through a lot, after all, and you didn't even know the half of it.

He frowned to himself, walking over to the kitchen and taking a seat at the table. He can't tell you the truth. He knows that's not what Johnathan would've wanted.

God, if he knew he was going to get so involved in someone's life with this mission, he would've never done this. But now, he's reached the point of no return, so he knows he has to finish this.

For himself, and for you.

--

A/N: Just another transitional chapter for y'all as we start to get into the real plot.

Thanks for reading!

Comment & Vote 😓😓😓