𝐏𝐚𝐫𝐚𝐝𝐢𝐬𝐞

𝐘𝐎𝐔 woke up to the sound of crackling bacon on the stove, the smell making your nose crinkle in hunger. Sitting up on the couch, you yawned to yourself, seeing the prohero standing in the kitchen.

Your father never had a very positive opinion of pro heroes, and it did influence you a lot as a child, especially growing up quirkless. All the other kids were dreaming of being like these heroes, idolizing them and mistreating you because you could never be like them. That feeling's never fully gone away, even though you know you shouldn't judge a book by its cover.

And there's something about standing in the same room as the prohero, knowing his status compared to yours that makes you feel...uncomfortable. You feel like you don't belong, and debate going back to your room.

But your hunger overpowered you, and you wound up sitting at the kitchen table. He glanced over his shoulder at you. "You're finally up."

You hummed, too hired to come up with a verbal response, still half awake. Bakugou put two plates down on the table. One for you, one for him.

You both sat in silence as you ate, nothing to be heard but chewing and the sounds of chopsticks scraping against plates. You have to admit, the food he made was delicious. He's a good cook.

"So, when am I getting my stuff?" You asked between bites, finally breaking the silence. Bakugou took a sip of his orange juice before answering. "It should be here soon. The commission hasn't given me an exact time, but your stuff should be here sometime this evening."

You winced, doing what you could to hide your displeasure. You haven't been able to change since yesterday morning, still stuck in your uncomfortable work clothes, which you had sweat through and felt pretty gross, no thanks to the attack from last night.

"And there's no clothes around here that I can use? None at all? Because these are getting pretty uncomfortable." You remarked, trying to use the most civil tone you could.

"There are robes on the tenth floor, but that's it. I think. You can look around if you want, but I doubt you'll find anything." He shrugged apathetically.

"Whatever." You mumbled. This is ridiculous. You finished your food angrily, before putting your plate into the sink.

You turned to leave your room, before Bakugou's voice cut through the air, stopping you. "Wash the plate."

"Huh?" You murmured, thinking you misheard him at first. "Like it or not, we're going to be living together for a while. I'm not going to clean up after you. You're an adult, act like it, and clean up your mess."

Who the fuck does he think he's talking to? Is the first thought that crossed your mind. You felt your fists curl up into tiny balls, hot anger flowing through you.

But before you can do anything rash, you decide to think twice. You are going to be living with this asshole, so you should pick your battles and not fight with him over something as stupid as washing the dishes. Plus, you know you should've washed them. You know to clean up after yourself, you were just a little distracted.

"A please or thank you would've done just fine. You don't have to treat me like a child." You hissed, handling that surprisingly well. He  mumbled something under his breath in response.

After you finished washing the dishes, you returned to your room. To do...something. Maybe take a stress nap or stare at the ceiling and think about life. Both were boring options, but you had nothing better to do since you knew none of the codes of the doors.

Bakugou poked your shoulder, making you jump slightly, and getting your attention. He handed you a slip of paper. "It's the codes to all the rooms and places you need access to, even though you'll spend most of your time in here. Go ahead and look around, or whatever."

"Thanks." You murmured. It seemed that even though he was an asshole, Bakugou was still willing to help you...kind of.

--

This place was actually pretty nice. There was a gym/training room with good equipment, a sauna, and a pool with a heating/jacuzzi option. You've got to hand it to them, the Hero Commission does know how to take care of their guests. You could get used to this. Maybe you can just forget the fact that you've been lied to your whole life and are now being hunted by a terrorist group, and forced to live with the number two prohero. Maybe you can just think of it as a little vacation...yeah, you doubt that's gonna happen.

You spent a solid twenty minutes with your feet dipped in the pool, staring at them, lost in your head.

What happened last night was a lot to process. Especially how drastically everything changed. Everything you thought you knew about yourself, who you were, what you were, it was a lie. You had so many questions, so much you want to know.

"Oi," Bakugou called, snapping you out of your thoughts, and making you look over at him. "You're stuff's here."

Your belongings were placed in five big boxes. Four of them held all your clothes. One held your hygiene and skin care products, your sleep meds, and for comforting purposes, a photo of you and your brother.

There's just one problem. You didn't have a phone.

You walked out to the living room, where Bakugou was sitting, watching the news. He seemed distracted, and you weren't quite sure what to call him. Bakugou? Dynamight? Katsuki? Dickhead?

You smiled to yourself at that last nickname but decided to save the insult for a more appropriate time. "Uh, hey, uh...."

You mumbled, clearly struggling, and he noticed. "Call me Bakugou."

"Okay, well Bakugou, I don't have my phone ."

"You won't be able to have your phone since it's trackable. The Commission will send you a temporary replacement in a few days." He told you as if it was common knowledge.

"What? So my brother won't have his phone either? How am I supposed to reach him? What about my work?" You asked, growing anxious.

"Your bosses have been notified about you taking a temporary leave of absence, so you don't have to worry about that. Your brother will get a temporary phone too. Kirishima still has his phone, so I'll get his number the moment I have it, alright?" He reassured you. "How are these phones going to be different from the one I already have?"

"They have a special device on them that makes them untraceable, only the Commission can track them," Bakugou replied.

"And can they see my stuff? Like my texts and shit?" You pressed him, and he shrugged. You groaned. "What happened to privacy?"

"Your safety is more important than your privacy. I can't do anything about it. This is good as it's going to get, ______. Might as well get used to it."

You clenched your fists and gritted your teeth.  Of course, he's calm about this. It's not his life that's been ruined after all. He's just doing his job. He doesn't care about you.

Taking a shaky breath, you turned on your heel. You went to your room and shut and locked your door behind you. Then, you walked over to the corner of your room and hugged your knees, and cried.

You cried for a very long time, wondering how you got stuck here, and what has your life become. What are you going to do?

A/N:  Poor reader :((

Thanks for reading!

Comment & Vote 😠😠😠