𝐃𝐢𝐧𝐧𝐞𝐫

𝐂𝐀𝐓𝐂𝐇𝐈𝐍𝐆 up with work was exhausting. You spent hours behind the screen, in the office, and at your apartment,  trying to get there, and you weren't even close. Not that it was surprising. You missed two months, and Hamada loved to work fast.

Eventually, you managed to reach somewhere at or around the halfway point, and you decided to take a break. You got bored after watching an hour or so of your favorite show and decided to do something else. But then, you got an idea.

You found Bakugou running on the treadmill, blasting loud music with his headphones. You called his name a few times, but there was no answer. He was far too focused, his eyebrows furrowed as he gazed at the wall in front of him, soft pants leaving his lips.

He seemed to be too lost in thought to pay attention to his surroundings. With an annoyed sigh, you stepped to the front of the treadmill, smacking the side of it. Hearing the vibrations, he finally noticed you.

After pausing the treadmill and slowing down, he caught his breath and spoke. "What?"

"Sorry for interrupting your workout. I was just wondering if you wanted to have dinner later?" You asked, trying to be as brief as possible.

He gave you a weird look. You ate together often, almost every day even. What was so different about today?

"...Okay?" He shrugged in confusion. You frowned in irritation. "Let me clarify. I want to have a nice, homemade dinner with you, as a thank you for helping me get my job back..and stuff."

His expression softened slightly, a small grin crossing his features. "What're you making?"

"Come to dinner later and you'll see." You told him with a mischievous smirk, before walking off and letting him finish his workout.

"Smells good in here." A freshly showered Bakugou said as he entered the kitchen. You gazed over your shoulder at him, before you continued to chop vegetables.

"I'm almost done. Just need to get these in and let the food cook for fifteen minutes." You replied.

Sauntering over to you, the big blonde leaned over your shoulder, grinning. He knew it. "Spicy Curry, huh?"

For some reason, you felt nervous at the proximity. He was practically leaning over you as he watched. He smelled fresh and clean, and the scent of his body wash was way too intoxicating. You constantly had to remind yourself that you were holding a knife, and if you let your mind drift you could cut off a finger.

"You're not chopping it right. Here." He wrapped his bigger hand over yours, adjusting your grip on the knife and moving your hand so you could cut them faster. "Like this."

His breath slightly touched your neck, your back against his chest, sending shivers down your spine. Feeling yourself become way too flustered, you shook his hands off of you. "Will you quit being such a control freak? I'm the one making dinner, not you, so go sit down."

"I was just trying to help." He mumbled, moving his hands into his pockets as he sunk into his seat.

"Also it's pretty stupid to touch someone when they have a sharp object in their hands! You're a pro hero, you should know this!" You called over to him.

"Yeah, yeah." He rolled his eyes. "Just hurry up, will you? I'm hungry!"

After a solid twenty minutes, you walked over with two steaming plates in your hand. One for you, and one for him.

"Dinner is served. Bon Appétit." You said with a faux French accent, as you set the plates on the table. He smirked, murmuring a small "Dork" under his breath, before digging in.

You watched his expression as he ate, studying his reaction. "Not bad."

"Seriously? That's all I get?" You remarked. He shrugged with a teasing grin, only posing you off more. "What can I say? I have high expectations when it comes to cooking."

"You think you can do better?" You challenged him.

"Oh, I know I can. And I'll prove it to you the next time we have dinner together."

You laughed, angered but also entertained by his arrogance. "You're so annoying."

Still, for some reason, you found the promise of another dinner together endearing. Maybe you should do this more often.

You cleared your throat as you pushed your food around on the plate, taking another bite.

"My Dad always worked late so I'd have to make dinner for my brother. But we never had many ingredients around so I had to use stuff from a can and microwave dinners.  My Dad couldn't cook for shit regardless, so I had to teach myself. But eventually, I got sick of it and I managed to buy myself a couple cook books, and voilà."

Bakugou's expression softened as he realized that you were starting to open up to him.

"So, you're self-made, huh?" He joked. You shrugged in response. "I guess you can say that."

"Did you and your Dad get along?" He couldn't help but ask.

"Kinda? I mean, he was awfully protective of me, and we'd fight a lot, but I knew he loved me, and I loved him a lot too." You got up from the table, pouring yourself a drink from the bottle of wine you managed to sneak past the hero commision, and convince Bakugou to let you keep.

"I have no idea where he is now. Could be across the world for all I know." You muttered, before taking a long sip. You offered him some, but he declined.

"Anyway, what about your parents? You get along with them?" You changed the subject.

"Eh. My Mom and I argued a lot. She's always been hard on me, but I know it's because she wants me to be the best that I can be. She likes to push people, for sure. My old man's alright, much more tame compared to me and my mom. A lot more patient and kind. I wish I could say I was more like him..I want to be more like him, but obviously, I'm not. No matter what, I love them both."

"Thanks for telling me that, Bakugou. And thanks for having dinner with me." You said with a soft smile. "Maybe next time we can spice things up a bit and watch a movie too or something."

"Yeah, that'd be fun." He agreed, watching as you finished your wine and then brought your dishes to the sink, cleaning them.

"What are you gonna do for the rest of tonight?"

"I'm going to call my brother and then head to bed. I still have a lot of work to catch up on and I'll just finish it in the morning." You admitted.

"Okay, well, goodnight, ______." You gave him one last smile before heading off to bed.

"Night, Bakugou."

(A/N: Here's my Holiday gift for you guys!! A new chapter!! 🎁

Hope you enjoyed!

Thanks for reading!!

Comment & Vote 🥘🥘🥘