001

NOTE| Media is a picture I took 🤭

JANAE CARTER
The Bronx, NYC 📍
Sunday, January 29, 2023
6 P.M.

"Now when I leave you in this car don't be mad!" My mom yelled, slamming the car door. I sat up mad quick and looked out the window. I knocked on the window so she could let me out. She laughed and pointed at me like shits funny.

"Don't blow mines ma," I shook my head as I got out the car.

A few months ago we moved into a new apartment and we've been going shopping to make it look right ever since. It may not be a house, but it's better than being on the streets.

"Grab that ugly ass rug you decided to get," she shook her head as she walked into the apartment building. I reached to the backseat and grabbed the rug I got. As I walked through the building, I seen a boy with some blue twists and a shawty walk by. He stared me down and I cocked my head forward.

Cause who the fuck he think he lookin at like that? Anyways. I walked to the apartment and unlocked the door.

"Ma, why niggas think I'm playin wit them?" I furrowed my eyebrows, sighing.

"Who?" she looked at me as she placed our food down.

"This boy that just walked by. Starin at me like I'm a ghost," I rolled my eyes, shaking my head. She laughed and put my food on the counter.

"Are you going to school or you just gon stick to modeling like how you been doin?" she tilted her head, opening her platter and taking a few bites.

"Modeling. I can't put up wit them teachers," I shook my head.

We finished eating and I walked to my room, setting some of my stuff up.

2 HOURS LATER

"Alright ma I'm goin outside!" I yelled as I walked out the apartment and went down the steps.

I opened the door to leave and seen the boy from earlier and this other boy with grillz, sitting at the steps.

They looked up at me and just stared at me. Okay cause they dead gettin me tight.

"Excuse me," I cocked my head forward.

"I know you not talkin to me," the boy with blue twists shook his head.

"Okay but I am. Can you move?" I raised my eyebrows.

"You gotta ask nicely if you want me to move," he laughed.

"Mmcht. Excuse me sir please get out my way," I mumbled.

"Go ahead," they both got up as I kept walking.

"Yo what's ya name since it seem like ima be seein you a lot more?" he yelled out.

"It's Janae," I turned around to face him.

"Can I get ya number Nae?" he smiled.

"Uhh it's Janae and no cause I just seen you wit some shorty so I'm cool," I nodded, turning back around.