Chapter 10

Optimus's POV

My optics were trained on the pale-faced woman. The creator asked me to keep surveillance over her. I didn't understand why this fleshing was so unique, but I did like watching her protect me from the guardian knights and cry with joy when she spotted me. It was strangely familiar. There were buzzing noises in my helm, and when I called her 'sweet-spark,' she looked at me relieved. It felt like home at the time. It was strangely familiar. I couldn't figure out why because I don't recall ever meeting the femme or being close to any fleshing. Seeing her gladly sacrifice herself and the child she bears in her womb to save me jolted my spark. It felt comfortable as she gripped my thumb. It made no sense to my processor. I was a knowledgeable mech, and I couldn't figure out why the presence of the femme felt so familiar to me. It piqued my interest in her. And the child she was carrying. I could see the sparkling' glowing orbs from the examination table. The mech who impregnated her must not have considered our planet's ways. I could hear her and the sparkling hearts synchronize. My peace of mind was going to cost me. I approached the woman to get a better look at her, and she was lovely for an organic woman. I could see, though, that the sparkling was slowly killing the woman who carried him. She appeared to be on the verge of death. I took on a human shape and tenderly stroked her cheek. She awoke in her dream and said my name, "Optimus?"

Were we acquainted?

I wanted to learn more about why my spark was crying out to her. I needed to know about her before I went any further. I put my fingers on the women's temples. When I entered her memory vault, my body stiffened and I closed my eyes. When I opened my eyes, I saw a rose field. This location also felt familiar to me. But what I saw almost made my spark ache. I noticed myself and the woman marveling at the bright plants, and she handed me one of them. I saw myself pick it up and place it on his nose plate to smell it.

"What exactly are these strange specimens?" I saw myself approaching her and asking her.

"These strange-looking specimens are flowers."

"These never existed in my home world."

"Call this your new home world." I noticed the woman lying down on the flower bed and looking at me with interest.

The memory abruptly shifts. And I see a flood of memories of us together, and each one brings tears to my eyes. This woman was more than just a regular human; she was my spark-mate and the woman who carried my spark in her womb. She was the woman I loved. I opened my eyes and switched to my robot form. Each of her memories triggered a wave of anguish and misery in my spark. I couldn't help but stare at her as I caressed her face with my thumb. When I noticed her stirring, I took a step back into the shadow corner of the room. I saw her gently open her eyes as she tried to comprehend where she was. That didn't last long, as she began to strain on the chains till she was bleeding. I took advantage of the opportunity to speak.

"You're going to injure yourself more if you keep moving, femme."

"Optimus?" She whispered.

I could smell her human tears. My spark ached again as I watched her cry.

"That's not my name, femme. It's Nemesis Prime."

"I refuse to call you by the enemy name,"

"You don't have much of a choice, human,"

As I watched a tear roll down her stained cheek, my spark ached.

"How can you stand by and do nothing?"

"I don't have to answer you, fleshing.

"Does every human being deserve to die?