"Regrets" ⚠️

Mephone sat in the cave, it wasn't too warm, but it wasn't the coldest, either. He needed to think.
He just wrapped up the 14th episode of season two, and announced the final four contestants. Mepad still hasn't come back, which is strange, because he wouldn't leave too.. right?

Mephone let out a sigh, and was just thinking back to that time, just a few hours ago, when he fired Toilet, and offered to make some more gems with Mepad.
Toilet was extremely annoying, sure. But was he really working with Cobs? or anyone related to Meeple at all..? Where was he now? For once, Mephone was hoping to hear one of those obnoxious, "I've got yah way-ahs, Mistah phone's"
He looked around, and spotted that screen protector, shoved inbetween some rocks. He stood up, slowly, and walked over to it, and proceeded to pull it out from between the rocks.
Once it was out, Mephone took a good look at it. It wasn't too bad, for being years old, and being shoved between some rocks. A few scratches, sure, but it would still be usable. Although, he didn't think he even ever wanted to look at it again, because the only thing he thought of when he did, was that sinister voice,

"I have the means to protect you."

Protect him. Protect him? Yeah right, fat chance. Now he wanted him dead, most likely.
He figured staying in this cave any longer would just make everything worse, so he decided to just, put the screen protector back where it belonged, hidden between two rocks never to be seen again, and leave the cave. Maybe look for Mepad, or try figure out where Toilet went. Either way, just leave this cave.
After shoving the screen protector back between the rocks, he made his way back out of the cave and onto the more middle contestant-grounds.
As he was walking mindlessly, trying to figure out where his only two friends- no, most likely Ex-assistants- went, he noticed lightbulb running across over to the edge of where the show parameters were, close to Oj's hotel- he checked the time for a moment on his internal-clock: 1:07 am. Quite late, for some people. Mephone luckily didn't need to charge, really. He just ran on battery power. Lightbulb made eye contact with him for a moment, but he decided just to let it slide. Usually, he wouldn't, but right now it felt like nothing really mattered. He sighed once more and continued on.

He kept walking around with no real destination in mind- until he got to a forest, with a big sign pointing toward it saying, 'perilous forest'. Perilous? Must be his lucky day. He continued on into the dark forest, past some bushes, until he ended up at a place that looked slightly different, like it was modified. There were some bushes, and as he looked through them he could see a faint light. Well, if it were a blood-thirsty cult, it was definitely his lucky day.
He pushed through the bushes and as he looked in the direction of the light- his metaphorical-heart dropped, and everything suddenly felt extremely cold.

Mepad. It was Mepad, and some of his wires were hanging out of the button close to his legs. Mephone thought he was dead for a moment, until he realised he was just on sleepmode. Mephone quickly got over his state of shock and attempted to fix the wires- and put them back into place. He knew how to do it, afterall- he had to do it to himself once, back at...
No. Forget it, he needed to help Mepad. The wires hanging out only made the sleep mode process more delayed- but soon enough, they were all back in place. And the sleep mode then went up way faster. It would still take a good 5 minutes or so for it to be finished though, but Mephone needed to find out who did this to him. Was it one of the contestants? Was someone else here? Mepad wouldn't have done that himself, no- he couldn't have. Mephone sat on a tree stump, and tried to resist the urge to just cry. But crying was bad, it was cringey, and stupid, and pathetic. So he just sat there in silence waiting for the five minutes to finish.

As soon as they were finished, Mepad's screen flashed, and before Mephone knew it, he was awake again. ".... Mephone?" ... Mephone didn't know what to say. I'm sorry? Are you okay? Mephone already knew of Mepad's restricted emotional modulator, so that would make it even more awkward. It felt like his mouth started to move on it's own, though. "... Mepad?" ...
The next minute was just pure silence, while Mepad stood up normally again. "Mephone, do you know where.. do you know where toilet went?"
That was one of the many questions Mephone didn't want to have to answer. He didn't know, and that was the issue. He knew of Mepad and toilet's friendship, and receiving the news that Toilet was missing after just waking up wouldn't do Mepad any good. Mephone didn't know what to say- everything felt like it was just weighing down all at once. "Mephone." "No, Mepad. I don't know."
"What do you mean you don't know? Mephone, look, I am not angry, frankly, I cannot feel very much, but what I am is disappointed. You didn't handle that situation very well- and I understand you were in a state, but you should've at least let him talk, Mephone." Everything felt really quiet. 'Disappointed.' That's a word Mephone heard a lot before. He really didnt like that word, all he could think of whenever he heard that word was .. Cobs.
"Mepad... I'm sorry-" His mouth started moving by itself again, he hated when that happened. "Mephone, I know. But right now, I need to look for Toilet. You should apologise to him, not me. And again, I am not very mad, I am just disappointed, farewell, for now." And then he was gone, again. And mephone had to hear that word, again. Disappointed. Yes, Mephone did feel very disappointed too. In himself most of all. This season was an entire mistake, two of the contestants willingly quit and the other contestants just fought with eachother and were upset themselves. And he didn't even notice. Maybe he should apologise to more people than just Toilet, then after that, perhaps do something else.

——————

Who knew it was that hard to find some pieces of paper and something to write with. Yeah, he could've just generated it, but he didn't want to be lazy again. That was the issue- wasn't it? He was really lazy. Once he had the pen, and the papers- he went back to the 'Perilous forest' and went back to his little tree stump. And he began to write.

In all of the other reality shows he watched- the host was usually way nice to the contestants than he was. I mean, some of them even died a few times. Sure, it says the whole 'death and MeLife revival' stuff in the terms and conditions part of signing up, but they still don't deserve that. Saying sorry was the least he could do.

When he was finished, he had to get into hotel Oj. And then place the notes, that were labelled, somewhere, and then leave, and then think some more.
He decided to generate a bag this time and put the notes inside, and then he walked to the hotel.
Once he was outside, the air was doing the 'cold' thing again, and he disliked it. He examined the outside of the hotel, and tried to determine who was sleeping and where. Surprisingly, they were all sleeping. Which was strange, considering they never slept that much while in-game. Probably his fault again. Wow, now that he's thinking of it- some of the more recent challenges he made were stressful or made stressful in some way. Anyway, he crept inside the hotel and quickly left the notes with everyone's names on the main table. Besides from the three that weren't in the hotel that night, which were Baseball, Suitcase and Knife. He then, as quick as he came, left.

Mepad was right, he thought, as he dropped off the last few notes to the other three contestants- he should apologise to other people, and when he sees toilet again, as much as it'll pain him to say it, he'll say sorry to him too.

Soon, he was back in his own place to stay. A small little-cabin like place, usually where he brainstormed challenge ideas or watched his reality TV. He sat down on the little chair and started having some more of those .. unpleasant thoughts. Maybe if he just watched some TV and ate some cookies he wouldn't have to think those thoughts- or think anything at all. He didn't feel like himself at all at the moment, maybe it was the memories, or Cobs' appearance today, or just today in general. Last time he checked, phones cannot get sick, but he certainly felt very sick. What if Mepad never came back? What if Toilet never came back? What if Cobs came back? What if the rest of his contestants quit? The shows gonna end soon. That's inevitable. Then what will he do? Make a third season? After this one, no one will agree to it. So what does he do?

Does he miss Toilet and Mepad?
Maybe.
They might be the closest thing he's ever had to a friend, of somesort.
Hopefully they wont leave too, like everyone else did.