Concert Date

'You wanna come with me to their show next week?'

That's not what Gerard was expecting to hear first thing when he came out of the shower, and he doesn't really know how to react. Is it supposed to be a date?

Gerard honestly thought they were keeping this thing casual, and now the thought of another date that's not necessarily a hookup is giving him anxiety. 'I –,' he tries to say but words won't come out. What is wrong with him? Can't he come up with anything to say? Gerard feels so stupid, and this is why it wouldn't work between them. This is why their first date failed.

'I mean, if you want to – no pressure. I have an extra ticket, and I figure, since you like them –'

'Oh.' He heard about their new album with a new label, and their hometown show, which was already sold out, so Gerard never really thought about going. And it's not like he can afford those tickets, anyway. But of course, Frank has tickets. He's loaded. He probably has friends in the business who got him those tickets. Not that he's going to take advantage of Frank. They're not even dating.

'Are you for real?' is all Gerard says, not quite believing it.

'Yeah!' Before Gerard can even say a word, Frank walks over to him, wrapping his arms around him and not taking his eyes off his naked chest. Gerard's not used to this kind of attention, someone looking at him with pure lust in their eyes, but he'd be lying if he said he's not enjoying it. Or how Frank just presses a kiss to his lips.

'It's a date, then.'

Gerard tries to say something, but Frank walks into the bathroom a second later.

***

A date.

Frank just asked Gerard to go with him to the Thursday show as his plus one.

As a date.

He's not sure what he's doing, but he spends the next hour stuck in traffic, overthinking it. Does he want something more than casual hookups? Maybe. Does Gerard want that, too? He has no idea. They should probably talk about it. But what if it goes just like the last time? Frank is an idiot. And that's probably why their first date was so awkward.

Gerard is so fucking hot, and he's not sure why he'd go out with him. He doesn't seem like the money digger kind. Or is he?

By the time he makes it to Brooklyn, he's halfway through an anxiety attack, and he wishes he didn't have to work cause all he wants is to smoke the biggest joint.

It's going to be a long week.

***

'Gee, can you get me that screwdriver, please?' Ray asks, but Gerard is too deep in thought, wiping off his hands, and Ray has to throw the first thing he sees at him to get his attention. 'Hey, Earth calling Gerard!'

'Oh, I'm sorry.' Gerard passes him the screwdriver Ray asked for, and goes to help him, but his brain is somewhere else. He's still thinking about what Frank said before leaving.