The Morning After

The first thing Frank sees when he opens his eyes that morning is Gerard's face.

His mouth open and the gray hairs that adorn his sideburns. Frank isn't sure he's awake just yet. This has to be a dream.

The beautiful man by his side, that warm feeling in his stomach. Everything smells like Gerard. And Frank wants to stay here forever. He cuddles closer to the other man, taking him all in, just wanting to touch him and remind himself that it's real.

Frank isn't the kind who heads straight into a serious relationship. Especially not after that one that broke his heart. In fact, he can't remember how long it's been since he last considered settling down with someone.

It's not that he doesn't believe in love. On the contrary. It's a big deal for him. And even though he and Gerard didn't start on the right foot, Frank can see himself taking things seriously with him.

And the thought scares him.

'Morning,' he hears the other man mumble, catching him off guard, and before he knows it, Gerard is cuddling closer and kissing him good morning.

Frank has to stop himself before he says something he'll regret later. Last night was so unexpected. Everything has been so unexpected. It's one thing to go for coffee and hookups, but waking up next to him after a night of just sleeping, feels way more intimate to Frank. 'Morning,' he says instead.

'Did you sleep well?'

'Better than ever,' Frank says with the biggest smile, and he means it.

'I'm glad. You needed some rest after working so hard on that show.'

Frank knows it doesn't have to do with that, and a lot to do with being here with Gerard, but he doesn't say it.

'You did a great job, by the way,' Gerard continues, resting his head on one arm, and the other around Frank. 'I forgot to tell you last night. But it was amazing.'

'You had fun?'

'A lot. Though I have to say, my favorite part was the after party. Did I tell you the producer took me out on a date?'

Frank just smiles. 'Did he?' Gerard smiles at him. 'Did he try to fuck you?'

Gerard laughs. 'Not really. He was actually pretty respectful, and I think he's getting old because he was exhausted halfway through our date.'

'Poor bastard.' They both laugh, and Gerard leans in for another kiss. How is this real, Frank wonders. It's getting really hard not to fall for this guy, and Frank is sure losing this fight. 'Thanks for letting me crash, by the way.'

'Anytime.'

Does he really mean that? Because Frank is going to take it seriously and just move in with him if he keeps saying these things. And while he has nothing to do for once, and he'd love to stay here all day, just wrapped in Gerard's arms, kissing him and forgetting about everything, he knows they can't.

Especially when there's an annoying cat demanding Gerard's attention and getting in bed, interrupting their makeout session. Staring at them, until Gerard finally acknowledges him. 'Seriously, Rat?' Gerard says to the cat.

'Your cat is named Rat?' Frank asks with a giggle.

'Yeah, why?' Gerard's smile is so fucking cute. 'Anyway, I'm gonna go feed him, and I'll start the coffee. You can –'

Stay in bed and wait for him? Take a shower? Go with him? Frank tries to guess what he tried to say, but got distracted by the other man's perfect face, and his ass under the briefs as Gerard walks away, following his cat. So, Frank just gets up and walks to the bathroom.