THREE

“He’s in!”

Satisfied, the dark haired male leaned back in his chair. The blueish light of multiple monitors let his eyes sparkle in the dark room. Other than from the displays the only light came through a ventilation shaft that connected this room with the main hall.

“Really?”
Another guy with fiery orange hair and big eyes leaned over the sitting man’s shoulder while munching a piece of pizza.
“God damn, Steve! How often do I have to tell you, no food in my area!”
“Bro, you’re always eating in here.” The younger boy, Steve, pouted.

“That’s because he barely leaves the room when he’s on to something.”
The huge man that had sat on the small worn out leather sofa next to the door put down the Rubik’s cube in his hand and came over to the two bickering guys, to take a look at the main monitor. He didn’t know much about programming, hacking and stuff like that, most of the letters and numbers on the screen didn’t make sense to him.

Meanwhile Steve had finished his pizza and moved even closer to the screen. With this he unknowingly pushed the sitting man into the desk, the latter only only rolled his eyes in annoyance and made a "Tsk" noise.
“And what will happen now?”
“Depends”, the dark haired guy stretched his fingers, ready to type in another code, “If he answers, everything will be easy-peasy. If not…”

- - - - - (place is changing)

Jisung stared at the phone display. The screen was black, only a sentence in white letters and his keyboard had popped up.

PLEASE ENTER FULL NAME.

“Okay…” The boy did as the screen told him and typed in his name. The screen turned dark. After a second another sentence popped up.

CONFIRM YOUR IDENTITY.
ENTER HIS BIRTHDAY.

“What?”
His birthday? Whose birthday? Maybe they’ve ment to write ‘your’, not his.
Yes, that was the only logical explanation. He typed in his own birthday.

2300/09/14

"..."

ACCESS DENIED.
ATTEMPT 2 OUT OF 3.
ENTER HIS BIRTHDAY.

“His birthday, his birthday…”
Could they probably mean -
that would be crazy.
No, they couldn’t mean that birthday.
Or could they?
Anyways, it seemed like he still had two tries left, so, why not? It was not like this would be something important like the code for his bank account. Just a stupid QR Code. Jisung began to type again.

2298/10/25

Again the display turned dark.

ACCESS GRANTED.

“This must be a joke.” He shook his head in disbelief.
Minho’s birthday? This was not funny at all.
Jisung restrained the urge to throw his phone against the wall. Since this website or whatever it was had granted him access, he wanted to know what it was for, especially because whoever was behind this knew him. And apparently they knew about Minho, too.

HAN JISUNG
37°28'22.1"N 126°52'46.2"E
2120/12/07
8PM
COME ALONE
IT IS ABOUT HIM

- - - - -

“Dude,  that sounds like a threat! What if he thinks we kidnapped his man and calls the police?”
The fire head was right.

“Nine, make sure he knows that he can trust us.” The deep voice came from the tall man behind the coder.
Nine chuckled. What else should someone think when they receive a message like this?
His long fingers combed through his dark hair before he started to type again.