004

❝ he will pay for the damage he has done. ❞

- jung wooyoung- age unknown- choi san's first love

- jung wooyoung
- age unknown
- choi san's first love

- song mingi- second youngest in the clan- indifferent

- song mingi
- second youngest in the clan
- indifferent

                                                                                                                 flashback

THe year was 1766. choi san was the ripe age of twenty-two. yellow fever was running amuck in the small village in which the human resided. he had already lost his family due to the disease and was now living on the less than appeasing streets. he constantly dealt with rotten food, sewage lining the sidewalks and the shopkeepers running all those effected by homelessness off constantly. not to mention the people in the square were less than kind to him. but he had no choice but to stay there, it was the only safe and well lit place for the humans. especially at dusk.

there was talk of these demons that lurked in the shadows, just waiting for the right opportunity and find one of the townsfolk going astray. but san never believed that. they were just stories, nightmare fuel that the adults used to scare their children into obedience, right?

san had been living on the streets for a few months when he finally met the one named jung wooyoung. together, the two troublemakers would ransack the shops before anyone could notice, running off to a nearby alley giggling to themselves.

it went on like this for another six months, the two becoming quite close. they both liked the other in much more than a friendly way, though neither would admit it in not only fear of rejection, but the "sin" was also punishable by death.

it was one fateful night after sundown that yeosang had come to them. san and wooyoung left the town square, both boys wanting to prove their bravery to the other. it was there, on the edge of the village that wooyoung noticed something was terribly wrong.

"sannie," wooyoung spoke quietly, grabbing the other boy's attention.

"mm," san mumbled back, slightly pale and swaying on his feet.